Feature Request: Single method to store new or fetch existing login with a given username and URL

Options
mathwiz777
mathwiz777
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

In the Meetup iOS app, we support logging in through the new user registration form. This is so that returning users who have forgotten that they have an account can sign in with minimal friction.

Unfortunately, there's no way for us to prevent that friction for 1Password users.

I'd like to request a method for the 1Password extension to solve this issue. The method would open an editor for an entry with a given username and domain, and either present the existing password (if there's a saved password) or a password generator (if there isn't).

Since we know the user's requested username (they've just typed it) and the URL (meetup.com), we could use this new method to provide sign-in service through our sign-up form.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @mathwiz777,

We're definitely interested in helping you reduce friction as much as possible. After all, this is one of the areas we're constantly trying to improve in our apps and it is a common task that almost all security companies wants to work on.

Please file a request for this in our GitHub repo instead. Just in case, I'd suggest searching for previously closed request as well because we might have already added this support but it is not yet released to developers yet.

The repo will cover all the features, improvements, and bugs related to the 1Password extension integration with the apps. This will also allow you to work directly with our extension team, so I'd suggest using that instead of the general beta forum here.

This discussion has been closed.