Extension crashes in Safari and landscape mode support for extension [Will be improved soon]

HRD
HRD
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

It maybe my end but I am finding that I have to tap the extension in iOS 8 GM several times to get it to work and when the unlock screen pops up, it is blocked by the keyboard in landscape mode.

I should add that I am finding loads of bugs with Apple's GM, so the extension issue may not be yours to solve.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @HRD,

Please stay tuned for our next beta, we believe we may have found the cause behind these and it should be much better in the next beta.

What you're seeing is basically the extension crashing in the background whenever you tap on it and it doesn't show up. You can confirm this by going to the device's Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data. There should be crash reports for the 1Password extension.

We're working on the landscape mode issue for the extension. Am I correct that this is an iPhone you're using? The app doesn't support landscape on iPhone and the extension doesn't know that, thus the layout glitches because it was never designed to support such a mode. It is possible we'll add support for landscape mode on the iPhone because of the recent iPhone 6 Plus.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Noted and the crash reports are there.

Nope, the issue is on an iPad. The lock screen for 1Password appears but this is overlaid by the iOS keyboard. I guess it is OK in portrait mode but I rarely use this on my iPad - it's annoying but not a major issue.

• Hi @HRD,

Hmm, is it the same issues as in this thread?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Yep, the first of those screenshots is the issue I poorly described.

As I said above, I am having all sorts of issue, unrelated to 1Password, with iOS 8GM on my iPad. Apple need to update before it goes public next week, IMHO.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @HRD,

Thanks, we'll see if we can fix it ourselves. If we go by the rumors, Apple has already started working on iOS 8.0.1 a month ago and we probably are going to see a quick follow up after the release of iOS 8. It is rare that Apple would release a new GM build after they release the first GM seed.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Noted with usual thanks.

The new phones can be ordered on Friday but not available until 19/9, with the GM going public on 17/9. I guess 8.0.1 will be released next week, otherwise Apple is going be overwhelmed with internet traffic.

• Hi @HRD,

You're welcome. Apple did improve a lot since they've switched to their own CDN and I think they'll be okay with releasing more updates than usual, especially with delta updates since they no longer have to issue big updates. IIRC, last year, they did release 5 delta updates of 50-100MB in size in the span of two months.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

All good with 4.6 b25 - well done.

Are you issuing 4.6 GM this week?

• Hi @HRD,

It's now 1Password 5 for iOS and it is now available at the App Store. :D

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks but does version 5 offer the same functionality as the beta? In other words, which version should I use if I want to stay on the beta program?

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @HRD,

You'll find my post here helpful but basically, the short answer is that they're the same except for a few things like iCloud and In-App Purchase.

We're going to keep pushing betas here until the eventual switchover to TestFlight when Apple allows external testers. That'll allow us to use the same codebase between the App Store and the public betas.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Very helpful, as usual. Thanks.

As you are no doubt aware, TestFlight is not available outside the US at this time.

• Hi @HRD,

Yep, we're aware of it. In fact, our founders couldn't use it because they're in Canada. :D

Technically, it is supposed to be available in all countries that the App Store itself is as confirmed by Apple here.

This discussion has been closed.