Can't edit Secure Notes [Known Issue, working on a fix]

CiASpook
CiASpook
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi, for some reason I can't edit secure notes. It just reverts back to the original text. Anyone else having this problem?

iOS 8 and 1password5 with pro features.

Comments

• wsgatesnz
    wsgatesnz
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Yes just reported this to AgileBits via email, very frustrating. Same setup as you.

• barriekellam
    barriekellam
    Community Member

Same here and have also sent an email describing the bug. Same setup as you

• MannyA
    MannyA
    Community Member

Same here, but I have found a workaround for this bug.

If you tap the NOTE name before pressing the SAVE button (putting the cursor on the note name), that allows the changes to the NOTE to be saved.

I am surprised that they allowed such a bug to roll out. They must have rushed this out before it was fully tested.

• awachter
    awachter
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Upgraded to iOS 8 yesterday (1Password 5 on iPhone 5). When I try to edit my secure notes and hit "save", the changes do not get saved but are getting lost. What's going on????

• awachter
    awachter
    Community Member

Thanks for the workaround. What an utter joke this bug is!!!! Can someone FIX this???????

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CiASpook‌, @wsgatesnz‌, @barriekellam‌ and @MannyA,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble. We've filed a bug report in our internal tracker and given it a high priority rating (because we know this one sucks.) We'll do what we can to have this fixed for you all just as soon as possible!

ref: OPI-1661

• CiASpook
    CiASpook
    Community Member

Thank you :) Looking forward to a fix.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This is a known issue and AgileBits is working on a fix. There is a suggested work around in this post.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I can confirm observing this bug and that the workaround is effective.

• datafan
    datafan
    Community Member

Secure notes cannot be edited or made on my iPhone after the ios8 update.. Has anyone else experienced this? To check I did the same operations on Windows with no problem -on syncing to iphone , then trying to edit, no success.

• Luke Bosman
    Luke Bosman
    Community Member

Same issue here. iPhone 5S. 1Password appears to let me edit a secure note but when I save the note, my changes are lost.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

This has been discussed in a number of threads here already. It's a known issue and a workaround is mentioned in this post.

Edit: sorry, didn't mean to sound so shirty! Just rather fed up always have to try to find the link. :)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks for confirming that workaround! Here's to hoping our developers can have this working properly soon for everyone. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Alas, the order of the extensions turns out to be unreliable after all. The 1Password extension has again reverted to the end of the list, rather stay at the top of it, where I put it. Maybe Apple will give me the cookie.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Just upgraded to 1Password 5 on iOS 8 and encountered the issue that I can create new safe notes and can view the old ones but when I want to edit an existing one if I tap "save" nothing happens.
    If I edit the save notes with 1Password 4 for Mac it works.
    This happens on both iPad and iPhone.
    Is that a bug or is there a way to resolve that issue myself?

Best,
    David

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

There is another thread about this bug. The work around while we await a fix is to place your cursor in the title field on the record you are editing after you have finished your modifications. Then tap Save.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'm sure Apple would be happy to give you many cookies ... although perhaps not of the chocolate chip variety. ;) Let's hope this issue is resolved soon.

• ABDULHAKKIM
    ABDULHAKKIM
    Community Member

' secure note returning to original
    not able to edit

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peacekeeper‌ and @ABDULHAKKIM‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble editing Secure Notes. Our developers are already working to get this issue resolved - I'll let them know you're keen to see a fix as soon as possible. :)

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

@Megan : Thank you very much for the super quick reply! :) I just wanted to make sure I am not having a problem with my Dropbox Setup :).

• wsgatesnz
    wsgatesnz
    Community Member

@Megan hoping AgileBits can get this sorted real quick

• Tony Ossendorp
    Tony Ossendorp
    Community Member

It appears to be impossible to amend items in 1Password since update to 5.0.1. When i open a note or log-in and amend e.g. the existing password or detail in another initially the text appears. But after exiting the item and then returning it has not been retained. In stead the previous 'old' password or detail is showed.
    (Note: 1Password for Mac 4.4.1 does operate normally)

• Tony Ossendorp
    Tony Ossendorp
    Community Member

Ooops, just noticed this topic was raised earlier. Hope that means there will be a solution available to solve it soon!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peacekeeper‌ and @wsgatesnz,

Thanks so much for your patience - we know this one sucks, our developers are on it!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Tony,

I've merged your comment with the existing discussion about the issue, just so we keep this conversation all in the same place (it will be much easier for us to spread the good news once this annoying little bugger is fixed!)

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble - the devs know this is important. :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

Hi 1P - I am a huge fan!
    I am using 1P5, iPhone 6, iOS8. I have noticed it is not possible to edit or add to a secure note on my iOS device. I have an existing Secure Note that I tried to change the date on. After hitting edit, I made my change but it didn't save. I can however create a new Secure Note on my iOS device, but I cannot edit an existing one.
    As with any new update I'm sure they'll be little issues .. just wondering though if this is one you know about. Editing a Secure Note on Mac works fine.
    With thanks,
    Olivia

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This is a known issue—and in the thread discussing it there is this suggested workaround until a fix is forthcoming.

Stephen

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

Thank you Stephen - my apologies for not seeing the thread before posting.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

No need to apologise: it's very easy to miss things among the plethora of threads following the release of 1P5 for iOS. :)

Stephen

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

They've done an amazing job & the community moderators & tech support have been amazingly quick to respond. Congratulations to you all.

This discussion has been closed.