PIN login

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
If I do not close my app completely (so I do it only in the background), then I can start 1P (also days later) again only with the PIN code. I like this very much because my masterpassword is very long. ;-)

But - for security reason - is it possilbe that 1P accept only once the PIN code? If I (or somebody else) insert the wrong PIN the first time, then 1P should immediately close completely and ask for the masterpassword again. So 1P should not allow to insert the PIN again and again.

In this case I would prefere to login by PIN also, if 1P was closed completely.

Comments

• Hi @Philipp‌! After 5 wrong entries of the PIN code, 1Password will exit and request the master password and PIN unlock is disabled. Do you feel that we should provide an option to lower the number of wrong entries?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi Saad, maybe five times is a little bit often. I think it should be a maximum of three times. But on Android version I can (instead of 1P for iOS) insert a PIN which is longer than four digits. Thats nice.

• Thank you for your suggestion. I'll pass that on to our team and see how we can improve there. PIN code on Android is a little different from iOS - we do not limit the number of characters to 4 digits, which is great in my opinion. :) Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.