Some new awesome features!

Henkos
Henkos
Community Member

Hi There!

What about building in the following awesome new features:

1) Can you enable for each item to set an Alarm Notification on a certain date?

Why?

Because, I want to know when my Passport is about to expire or when an subscription is about to end, etc.

Obviously, I have all these documents scanned in 1Password. It would be great when 1Password reminds me to take actions for documents scanned (passports, licenses, subscriptions, etc).

2) 1Password is so much more than a tool that holds all of your passwords. I use it to store all my documents. Passports, insurance documents, financial documents, agreements, subscriptions, invoices, and all the stuff that you would normally put somewhere in a big box or.. the things you can't find anymore at the moment you need them)

Therefore it would be great if the mobile 1Password version (like IOS) would be able to scan documents (with the camera) and store the scanned docs straight into 1Password. Wow!

3) Oh, and while you're adding new functionality, could you include an automatic preview of the attached documents (pictures, pfd's, etc). This would be great to have (at least) on OSX

With above features, I can finally let go of Evernote. Problem I have with Evernote is that I do not know who can access my information in their(!) cloud. After all, it is all un-encrypted and anyone working with Evernote could gain access. Not saying they do, but i'm saying they can. 1Password, however, encrypts ALL of my information with an encryption-key that only I know. And by default, I have the data local and (as an option) encrypted in the Apple iCould. Which is really great. See my point?

Keep on the great work! I love your product!

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Henkos! Thanks for your kind words and support. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know some additional features you would like to see.

Can you enable for each item to set an Alarm Notification on a certain date?

For now, consider using your Mac/iOS calendar, but I'll add your vote for this.

Therefore it would be great if the mobile 1Password version (like IOS) would be able to scan documents (with the camera) and store the scanned docs straight into 1Password. Wow!

I agree that attaching files (including just-snapped photos) on iOS would be a great addition. Consider your vote added for this as well. For now, you would need to attach the files on Mac or Windows, but then you can sync and view them on iOS.

Oh, and while you're adding new functionality, could you include an automatic preview of the attached documents (pictures, pfd's, etc). This would be great to have (at least) on OSX

In 1Password for Mac, select the attachment in the details view and press the spacebar to use QuickLook just like you can do with files in Finder. :)

I hope that helps a bit for now. We're happy to provide a locally encrypted solution for your data. Stay safe out there! :)

• Henkos
    Henkos
    Community Member

Thanks for your swift reply, @khad! Appreciated!

On #3; What I meant was to see the content of the attachment immediately when opening an item. Just like in Evernote. I know I can double click or hit the spacebar to have Quicklook launched. But would like to see it (pdf's, pictures) immediately when I click an item.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Gotcha! I'll pass that along as well. Thanks for clarifying. I can see how that could be useful. :)

Have a great weekend!

• grahamw
    grahamw
    Community Member

I'd also like to see 1Password able to store additional information like insurance policies. I'm just about to go away on an overseas trip and have purchased a travel insurance policy. I'd like to keep the details with me securely in my 1Password vault but I have had to just paste the details in a s Secure Note as there aren't any categories for insurance policies.

If there was I would add all my other insurance policies as well just so I have the details with me. I also like the idea of being able to add photos from the camera or camera roll.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grahamw‌,

I store all my insurance policies in the Membership category. It's got all the fields I need, but you can always add your own custom ones if you don't find them sufficient. :)

You can add files of any type (including images) to any item type (including Membership items) on the desktop and sync them for viewing on your mobile device.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Henkos
    Henkos
    Community Member

Hi @Khad, that makes me think.. Would it be an idea to allow users to create their own customized categories to which they can also add their own category icon? The categories are now all pre-defined. If it doesn't match your need, the only alternative is to create a secure note, with the default category icon. It would be really great to add some categories yourself and customize the fields and icon (image upload) to your needs.
    Also, instead of listing the categories as a vertical list at the left site, why not have an option to show them as notebooks, like Evernote does. Not that it makes any difference but it is such a nicer way to view your archived information. Just more slick :) As said before, 1Password is an really great tool but you could make it look so much more fancy. (on the Mac OSX or Windows PC).

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@Hencos - there have been many requests for the ability to add custom categories. AgileBits always responds that the request is under consideration, but they have not promised to implement such a feature. I would predict that they will eventually do so, if for no other reason than that the competition often does offer the option to do that. But that's just my guess. I don't have any insider information.

I myself will be very careful about adding custom categories if they do arrive. I had done so liberally in another product, and that made the 1Password data importer nearly useless to me. My transition to 1Password was painful as a result; I ended up reentering all my data by hand. If I ever want to move to another password manager, I'd like to make the switch easier.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We certainly don't want to make your migration away from 1Password — should you ever decide to migrate — any more difficult than it needs to be. We want happy users, not trapped ones. :)

I'll add your vote for custom categories, @Henkos! As @hawkmoth mentioned, it's on our radar, but I can't say when or if it will be implemented. In the meantime, you are free to customize any item in any category with custom sections and fields if that helps.

Have a wonderful weekend!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

@khad - I don't imagine ever wanting to switch from 1Password, but then I never thought I'd be interested in switching from my previous application either! But I've never regretted the investment I made to make the switch.

(Free commercial off.)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your kind words and continued support. We'll just have to keep working hard to make sure you never have any reason to want to switch. :)

<3

This discussion has been closed.