Don't Really Understand Multiple Vaults.

Leonne
Leonne
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

So I Downloaded 1Password for iOS and I have the Pro features.
When I opened the app for the first time, I was asked to create a new vault. I did, and chose to sync it with Dropbox.

I now want to create another vault and sync it with Dropbox again. But it doesn't want to. I created a new Dropbox account just to add the second vault, but whenever I choose to sync the new vault with it I get the error:

"No .agilekeychain or .opvault found in Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the correct Dropbox account and syncing another computer or device with it."

Why? When I created the first vault, it didn't ask me anything like this. It just linked my Dropbox account, and it created the required files automatically.

If I try to sync the vault with the Dropbox account that is already syncing my primary vault, I am giving a "Choose a Vault" screen, but I can't seem to create a new one in Dropbox.

This is really confusing.

I just want to have two different vaults to separate my personal login info of the info I use on my company. I don't care how or where they sync.

I'm also planning on syncing both vaults with a Mac.

Comments

• Leonne
    Leonne
    Community Member

Well it looks like the Mac version doesn't support multiple vaults so I'm just gonna give up this idea.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Leonne,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. 1Password 4 for Mac does in fact support multiple vaults. The tricky bit is that you cannot at this time create a secondary vault using the iOS app. Creating a secondary vault on 1Password 4 for Mac is simple though. Please have a read through these articles in our support guide:

Of course, if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.