1Password on iOS 8 not syncing with 1Password for Mac (iCloud, Yosemite) [Resolved]

Options
SamEllis
SamEllis
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I’m running iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. Both of which are all up-to-date and are using iCloud Drive, I am having trouble getting 1Password on my iPhone to sync with the data in iCloud. I have already tried to delete the 1Password data from iCloud and start again, the Mac app is uploading the data, but the iPhone cannot see the data in the cloud.
Strange.

If anyone has any advice or solutions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Hi @SamEllis,

Our new iCloud sync is not compatible with Mac at the moment, sorry. Please see here for details:

iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ

We recommend using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync temporarily. Sorry for the trouble!

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• SamEllis
    SamEllis
    Community Member
    Options

I thought that was only if the Mac was running Mavericks?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You are running a Yoesmite beta, as it's not yet released. iCloud sync between OS X and iOS 8 devices won't work until Yosemite is released from beta.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Just to throw in a little clarification.

iCloud Drive makes use of a new API. My understanding is both applications and OSes on each device need to be updated for everything to work.

1. iOS 8 ✔︎
    2. 1Password 5 iOS ✔︎
    3. Yosemite (beta or otherwise) ✔︎
    4. 1Password 5 OS X (beta or otherwise) ✘

That's where you've been caught out. That leaves you with JasperP's suggestion of Dropbox or WiFi sync for the moment. Lets just say given how iCloud Drive breaks synchronisation, the delay between iOS 8 & Yosemite is an... odd decision. Early adopters get punished.

• SamEllis
    SamEllis
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C‌ I am aware that OX X Yosemite is still in beta.
    @littlebobbytables I don’t see me as being punished for getting iOS 8 when it was released and for running Yosemite. If it is just an issue that will be resolved when Yosemite is out of beta, then fine. But I wanted to check.

Thanks for the help @JasperP, and thanks to @Stephen_C and @littlebobbytables.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SamEllis‌

Thanks so much for your understanding! We're all hoping that Apple releases Yosemite soon so that our users can resume syncing with iCloud. :)

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.