TouchID works for timeout but not for original login [Resolved - see TouchID FAQ]

SteveZ
SteveZ
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

First, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the AppStore just in case that was the problem.

When I first open the app I have to use my typed login. There is no option for TouchID. After I've typed my login and the timeout occurs I'm prompted for the TouchID and things work fine.

Have I missed some setting, is this working as designed (I hope not) or is this a know bug?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SteveZ,

Have a read through our TouchID FAQ. Do any of the situations there help? It is important to note that your Master Password will always be required after you re-start your device. You'll notice the same behaviour on the device itself: when you re-start, you will be asked for your PIN code before you can use TouchID again.

If none of the tips in our FAQ fit your situation, please let me know a bit more detail about your set-up - what are your current security settings?

• SteveZ
    SteveZ
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. I reviewed that document and it appears I had the first timeout "Request After" set too short. Now I can get back in via fingerprint all day and only have to do this once a day. That's much better!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SteveZ,

I'm glad to hear you've got it sorted! I do apologize for the confusion ... we've heard from a fair number of users who are a bit baffled by the abundance of security settings available, and we'll be making this a lot simpler in an update soon!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.