1Password v3 Lion and iOS8 iOS6 multiple devices [Resolved]

Options
kyashan
kyashan
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Dear Agilebits,
I need your help to decide what is the best thing to do, to upgrade to ios 8 without loosing the chance to use 1password on all my devices.
I will explain my situation in details:

MAC owned

• Macbook with Lion (latest osx I can install) with 1Password v3 on it

iOS devices (all devices use 1password pro v3)

• iPhone 3GS running ios 6
  • iPhone 4s running ios 7
  • iPad 2 running ios 7
  • iPad mini retina running ios 7

Basically I would like to keep use and sync 1password on all my devices (or at least on most of them).

As you can see, I cannot upgrade to Mavericks because my macbook doesn't support it. While three of my devices currently support iOS 8. I would like to upgrade, at least, the iPad mini but if I do, the new 1Password will be able to sync with the old version I have on the Macbook?

Is there anything I can do to continue to use 1password on all my devices?

Do you know if the v3 is still compatible with ios 8? I usually sync the device using the wifi.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kyashan‌

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed description of your situation! That gives us a great place to start.

I can't really recommend using 1Password 3 for iOS on iOS 8. There have been a lot of changes to the operating system since 1Password 3 for iOS was designed, and we haven't been able to fully test 1Password 3 for iOS on iOS 8. I have opened up 1Password 3 for iOS on my iOS device, just to check, and everything seems to be in order. That being said, it's not a fully supported set-up, and you may run into glitches that we are unable to solve. Upgrading to 1Password 5 for iOS on your newer devices will give you the best 1Password experience.

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi sync has changed a lot since version 3, so you if you upgrade, you will be unable to sync between 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 3 for iOS or 1Password 3 for Mac using Wi-Fi sync. Here's what I would recommend:

• Upgrade to iOS 8 and 1Password 5 for iOS on your compatible devices.
    • Use 1Password 3 for Mac and Wi-Fi Sync to keep your older iPhone 3GS and 1Password 3 for iOS in sync
    • Set up Dropbox sync on your Mac to keep your newer devices synced up with your Mac.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect answer for you, but I do hope this helps!

• kyashan
    kyashan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan,
    Thanks for your reply.

I will follow your advice, especially about the Dropbox sync; it's a good idea indeed!

Thanks for your time.

Bye

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kyashan,

Happy to help! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.