Upgraded to v4, lost browser extension

koberulz
koberulz
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Upgraded to v4 just now, uninstalled the old Firefox extension and installed the new one. Got a page trying to connect to the helper, which went nowhere. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, tried everything I could think of. Successfully installed the extension this time, but there's still no actual button or anything.

If I select 'restart helper' in the help menu, I get this:

[Window Title]
Confirm

[Content]
1Password has detected its Helper has not been properly installed on this computer.

Would you like to repair this? (admin rights required).

[Yes] [No] [Cancel]

Clicking 'yes' results in this:

[Window Title]
Information

[Content]
The 1Password Helper has been restarted.

[OK]

Which..doesn't seem to do any actual repairing.

EDIT: Just tried installing the Chrome extension, and that worked fine. So it appears to be a browser issue of some sort.

Comments

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member

Anyone?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried any of the tips in Missing 1Password button, Ctrl+\ not working, (Troubleshooting) The browser extensions, or About the helper?

If none of those help, you might try Disabling code signature verification (and clicking the link in that article to let us know, if you do).

Please let us know how it goes! We'll do whatever we can to help.

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member

Wasn't aware of the Ctrl+\ shortcut, so I tried that first before following any of those steps, just to see what would happen. It half-worked: I got the pop-up menu (located at the cursor, since there's no key), but it didn't recognise which page I was on and refused to fill anything in if I just selected a login from the menu.

There's no key anywhere, including the 'customize' menu/window, and that remains the case regardless of what I do with code signature verification or AVG.

• Hi there,

Can you tell us which version of Firefox you're using?
    Mozilla made some changes around version 29 that required a lot of companies to reengineer their extensions, us included.
    The version 4 extension requries Firefox version 29 or later.

Cheers

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member

I'm using version 28. Version 29 rendered tabs completely unusable, so I rolled back to 28 and have stuck with it.

So basically, I can have tabs or 1Password, but not both? Or I have to shift back to 1Password 1 and the upgrade was a complete waste of money?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

@koberulz We recommend you update to Firefox 32 and use the new 1Password version 4 extension.

If you really must swift back, then you can install the old 1Password version 3 extension here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

(1Password version 4 is compatible with both the old version 3 extension and the new version 4 extension).

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member

Updating Firefox would make tabs unusable. Makes them impossible to click on, and I don't fancy cycling through them manually.

Installed the old extension, and it says there's a problem with the Helper. Restarted the Helper, it's still there. Clicked on the Troubleshooting Report, got this:

System information

System time
    Browser version

Extension Information

Extension version (release notes)
    Database created at
    Instance UUID
    Uptime (mins)

Helper information

Connection status
    Last Sync Error
    1Password Helper version
    Heart beat interval (sec)
    Heart beat acknowledged
    Number of heart beats
    Round trip elapse time (ms)
    Data update in progress
    Last data update completed at
    Data update elapse time (ms)

Extension Settings

Autosave enabled
    Autosubmit enabled
    Universal Unlock enabled
    Conceal Passwords
    Avoid Autosave on Domains

Shouldn't there be actual information in there?

This discussion has been closed.