Can't edit icons in 1Password for Windows 4

Options

I use 1Password on Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android. Great app.

I mainly use the Windows version. For some unknown reason, the Windows version doesn't have a unified look with the versions for the other operating systems. I thought as long as the functionality is there, that should be fine. But, it I'm noticing some functionalities are just not there in the Windows version.

I got some custom icons for a few entries. I can try all day to replace some current icons with my custom icons, but it seems that1Password for Windows doesn't allow editing icons. The UI is obviously stripped down.

I had the idea to try with the Mac OS X version. Nothing could be simpler. Just enter the entry's edit menu, then drag and drop the custom icon on top of the current icon. Done! I wish it could be as simple on the Windows version. Synchronizing with Dropbox will update the icons on Windows.

On a separate note, at least on the iOS and Mac OS X versions, a good job is done doing away with the wallet and keeping the items separated into categories. On the Windows version, I got my credit cards, identity, driver's license and reward cards all under wallet.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

There's two things here.

1. The Rich Icon service. Use File > Download Icons... to download all logins' icons or Edit Window > Donwload Icon to do an individual one. Note that if you're paranoid, this service effectively requires you to send out a complete list of your login urls.

2. Custom Icons. From the Edit Window, double click on the picturebox to the left of the Delete Icon button.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On Windows, you double-click on the current icon. I believe this is consistent with the Mac version.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-custom-icons

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne and svondutch, thanks guys!

It worked. Double-clicking the icons from the Edit Window allowed me to edit them.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnny808 glad to hear that worked, thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.