1P4 very slow and tabs freeze in IE 11

Options

Upgraded to 1P4 a couple of days ago. Noticed that it was very slow in populating fields in IE (v11.00.9600.17278). After logging out and trying to open another site, IE would freeze. Had to use Task Manager to cancel the IE session. Then tried the same process with Firefox (v32.0.3) and sites would open in new tabs and would populate the login fields extremely fast and without any issues.

Tried uninstalling 1P (v4.0.1.503) and reverted to 1P (v1.0.9.342). No issues were observed in either IE or FF. Every login work very fast.

It was then I observed that in 1P(v1), logins in IE were opening in the same tab, not a new tab.

I then uninstalled 1P(v1) and reinstalled 1P(v4). Test both IE and FF. Again FF was populating fields fast and opened sites without any delay... in a new tab. However, IE would open a new tab and populated the fields ever so slowly. Sometimes connecting while other connects failed.

Then I changed the Settings in 1P(v4) to "Open Login In" in "Current Tab". Problems seems to have been resolved. I say "seemed" because fields are being populated very fast and sites are opening in IE without delay. Have yet to experience the freezing.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Bob

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BobArch2‌ This is a known issue. Please try this:

1. Start IE
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Click on: Settings > Open Logins In > Current Tab
  • BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation that it is a known issue. As stated in my original message, I had changed the settings to open in the current tab which provided a temporary "fix".

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When our extension is running in IE, then opening Logins in a new tab requires inter-process communication and this is known to be slower.

This discussion has been closed.