Upgraded to pro but can't add another vault

greta
greta
Community Member

I went into latest 1password for Mac and created a new vault called work. I setup dropbox sync for that vault and put it in the 1password dropbox folder. I then went to ios and bought the pro version because I want to use multiple vaults. I try to add a dropbox vault and it doesn't seem to find it. It only gives me one vault, which is the default vault, not the work one. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Hi @greta‌

This is discussed in this thread.

Thanks!

• greta
    greta
    Community Member

I'm not sure how that relates, I created the vault on my mac. IOS cannot find the second vault in dropbox

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greta,

Thanks so much for clarifying that - I apologize for the confusion. If you've already created a secondary vault on your Mac, we should be able to get you synced up here.

You mention that you set up sync for the secondary vault. That should be all that is required in order to get 1Password 5 for iOS to see the keychain. Are you using the same Dropbox account across all devices?

• greta
    greta
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    Yes, same dropbox account. It can see the primary vault but that's it, I expected to see both vaults.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greta,

My apologies if I'm asking obvious questions here, this is just a bit of a unique situation, so I'm just looking for any little spot where things may have gotten tripped up. Take a look at the diagram below - when you tap on your Dropbox account, you're only seeing one keychain?

If that's the case, let's check to confirm that this keychain is where it should be in Dropbox. On your desktop, open a Finder window to Dropbox, and make sure that you can see your secondary keychain. If you have the Dropbox app installed on your iOS device, check to find the keychain there as well.

• greta
    greta
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    No problem! yes, using the exact same sequence as above, when I get to your last screenshot there was only 1 vault listed. I went ahead and deleted the vault on my mac and recreated it and it is now showing up on my iPhone. Weird but I guess all is ok now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greta,

That is weird indeed. I'm glad to hear that re-creating the vault on your Mac got things displaying properly!

I hope that 1Password behaves properly for you from now on, but if you hit any other snags, we're happy to help. :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Megan & greta, I just read this thread and I think the problem was due to the sequence listed in greta's OP: "I went into latest 1password for Mac and created a new vault called work. I setup dropbox sync for that vault and put it in the 1password dropbox folder. I then went to ios and bought the pro version because I want to use multiple vaults."

Based on the fact that it worked after greta deleted the first vault and created it again AFTER purchase of the Pro version, I surmise the Pro version needs to be installed before a second and subsequent vaults are created.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @romad,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! I'm not sure that the order of creating secondary vaults on the Mac and purchasing the Pro features on iOS should matter in a case like this, but it's certainly something to be aware of, in case something is getting tangled up somewhere along the line.

This discussion has been closed.