New User with blank site

Everything was going fine as I added sites and generated new passwords until I hit one site. After I entered old password and clicked to generate new password I was thrown out of the site and back to the original login. Neither password worked..... Closed browse and reopened site and now all I get it a blank page with "The webpage is not available" Choices are reload and more...... I've tried another computer and can log into the site fine, with the old password. Any idea what happened? I tried deleting the site from iPassword but continue to get the error.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

That doesn't sound like a 1Password problem. Try clearing your browser cookies.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

You can always see your generated passwords here: View > Generated Passwords

• gregsmith
    gregsmith
    Community Member

Clearing the browser cookies worked, the first time. I logged into the site by manually entering the password, no problems then logged back out. Logged in again. As soon as I hit ctrl-\ for the password it immediately displays the "webpage is not available" message. I tried clearing cookies again but it's still giving the error message. When I manually logged in I used the iPassword generated password, all 28 characters....... This is the only site out of 16 I'm having trouble with.... It's a bank site if that could make any difference. Still looking for answers!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

do you feel comfortable posting the url here?

• gregsmith
    gregsmith
    Community Member
  • RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

What is the HTTP error code when you get the website not available message?
    And which browser?

• gregsmith
    gregsmith
    Community Member

Success!!
    While I was continuing to try it I finally saw the problem. Of all the places I go, this is the only site that does not allow symbols in the password. Once I removed those everything works as it should. Many thanks for your assistance!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Cool.
    I'd suggest that you contact Suntrust's support people. An invalid password should not break the website that badly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@gregsmith, thanks for letting us know what the problem turned out to be!

As @RichardPayne suggested, you may want to contact someone at SunTrust about that problem. Entering a password with a symbol shouldn't cause the website to think it doesn't exist. ;)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

While you have their attention, @gregsmith‌, you might also remind them that including symbols increases your ability to create strong passwords.

• gregsmith
    gregsmith
    Community Member

I have done just that! Thanks again!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

++

This discussion has been closed.