Moving data from one category to another [manually copy/paste data between items in diff categories]

Options
RC67010
RC67010
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Does anyone know how to move/edit or whatever category, data entered from one category another without having to delete the data entries and re-type in different category? Example: Moving from the "login" to "email account" category. Am new at this and hate to waste a whole day or so re-typing data now that I have learned there are various categories I can use to organize all my data. Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to move data between categories in the way you want, although many others have said they'd like to be able to do it. One key issue is that the default fields differ significantly from one category to another so it's not a simple issue to facilitate easy transfer from one category to another.

You can simplify a little of the cut of paste work by using the anchor in 1P mini to anchor to your screen the login on which you wish to work.

Stephen

• AdrenalineX
    AdrenalineX
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen_C. However, this is really pretty pathetic. I'm in the process of evaluating whether or not I want to switch from SplashID, which I've been using since 2000 on every device I've had, to 1Password. I can easily drag & drop between various Categories. It seems that will all of the other "cool" features 1Password has such as TouchID (which is why I'm evaluating a change), not being able to change Categories is pretty sad. :(

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I know this feature is on AgileBits' list of good intentions.

SplashID supports category changes more easily, because its fields are not highly typed, and the number of fields per type is limited - each type gets 10 fields. 1Password treats Categories and certain fields differently, and they affect how the program operates or presents its data, and you are not limited to a strict number of fields, or sections.

Every program is going to have strengths and weaknesses, features and limitations. I suspect after you use 1Password for a brief amount of time, you'll be convinced that it is quite excellent.

• chrisdj
    edited October 2014
    Options

As @MrC said, this is still on our list and something we really want. His notes about the complexity of it are very true. More than anything, we're limited by time. All of it has been consumed lately with iOS 8 and the upcoming OS X Yosemite releases. Once things calm down we hope to start in on that (growing) list of good intentions.

ref: OPM-1735

This discussion has been closed.