Sync Problem 4.1.1

JorgeE
JorgeE
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Android

Dear friends,
First of all excuse my english.
I just install the 1Password 4.1.1 Premium version on my Xperia SP (Android 4.3 JB).
First time I tried to sync I choose internal folder without problems and works fine.
Since then, every time I tried to sync again, the app show me a mistake and generate an email report.
Now I can't sync the app and can't choose another path to sync like dropbox.

If something happens to my device, will I lose all the information inside 1Password if I have done a backup of the app?

What can I do to sync again? If I use a file explorer, the folder doesn't exist on the original path that I choose for sync.

Thank you very much for your help and excuse again my english.

Best regards

Jorge

Comments

• Hey Jorge. I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing with sync. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Android device? It will provide us with more information about your device and the sync error. To create a diagnostics report on your Android device, please follow these instructions:

1. Open 1Password on Android
    2. Perform sync by tapping on the sync icon in the navigation bar
    3. Once sync completes, go into Settings > Advanced > Email Diagnostics. You should now see a new screen with your generated report
    4. Choose "Send Mail" to send us the diagnostic report. Please ensure a file is attached when you see the compose window in your email application.
    5. Send email.

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. Thanks in advance!

• JorgeE
    JorgeE
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer.
    Done, please check your email.

Regards
    Jorge

• Thanks Jorge! I'm just looking over your diagnostic report now.

• JorgeE
    JorgeE
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your email and answer.
    If I want to do a backup of the data file, where is located the file? (Xperia SP Android 4.3 and 1Password 4.1.1).

Thanks

Jorge

• JorgeE
    JorgeE
    Community Member

Hi, sent all you ask by email, thanks.
    Definitely I can't do backups (or I don't know how....) Please could you help me to do a backup?
    Many thanks.

Best regards,

Jorge

• saad
    edited September 2014

I would recommend manually creating periodic backups of your 1Password data file (.agilekeychain) if you're not syncing with another device or the cloud. You can simply set up local storage sync on Android and then copy over the .agilekeychain every couple of days to your computer or another device.

• JorgeE
    JorgeE
    Community Member

Done, thanks.
    Finally I deleted all data from 1password and started again. I choose local sync and introduce all data again. Now is working fine.
    Just one question more. If I loose all data because my phone fails, I will install again the 1Password app, could I recover all data from my backup or the encryption password will not be the same because I installed again the app?
    Hope you understand what I want to say.

Thanks.

• saad
    edited September 2014

Great. Yes, if you manually backup your 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) to your computer, you will be able to restore all of your data from it. It’s important to make sure 1Password 4 for Android is syncing to this data folder on your local storage correctly. If you would like me to look over your sync setup on Android again, please feel free to send me a diagnostic report to our support email.

• JorgeE
    JorgeE
    Community Member

OK thanks for all.
    Best regards

• You're very welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.