iOS multitasking switcher does not lock 1P [It will show up locked the moment you go back to 1P]

Options
nateboateng
nateboateng
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I'm not sure whether it's intended, but if you double-tap home to enter multitasking, you can enter 1P again without the app locking. It switches to the lock screen while in the multitasking window, but the app opens again when chosen. It seems to me like the app should lock when this happens. I think it used to in previous versions. I have Touch ID set to 1 minute in 1P.

I'm on 8.0.2, on an iPhone 6 using build 5.1 (501014).

Comments

• I am pretty sure that the previous version of 1Password did not show the lock screen right after you double-tap on the home button or when there was an incoming phone call. When this happens the application gets the "willResignActive" notification. The app would show unlocked in the multitasking view until you either go back to 1Password or switch to another app. If you switched to another app or to home screen then 1Password would go to background (and receive "didEnterBackground" notification).

It worked pretty well in iOS 7 as we were able to show the locked screen when the app went to the background. Unfortunately, it seems that in iOS 8 we cannot show the locked screen reliably when the app is already in the background. In some cases, you would see the content of the for a split second when the app was coming back from background. Because of that I had to change the app to show locked screen on "willResignActive".

• nateboateng
    nateboateng
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

• On behalf of Roustem, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.