1Password For iOS Pro Features Restore

Options
David Hansen
David Hansen
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a while (since version 3) so it was nice to get the upgrade to the iOS 8 pro features at no additional cost. My question is it possible to get those features back should I need to restore my iPhone from scratch rather than using a backup so that I would not have to pay for the upgrade?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

As long as you use the same Apple ID that you used for the purchase you should be fine. There's a slew of apps out there that do something similar and it seems to be a pretty routine thing to go check if an in-app purchase was previously made. I'm confident there won't be any issue. Worst case scenario is what some people here have experienced which is you need to download the app via the device and not iTunes. Once you know that it isn't too onerous :)

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @David Hansen‌,

Yes, you can download 1Password 5 as a fresh install user from the App Store app on your iOS device and it'll automatically be unlocked.

The way this works is when you tap on Restore Purchase, we make a call to the iTunes Store to see if you made a purchase for 1Password. If the answer is yes, it'll return a valid receipt and we'll automatically unlock the Pro features. 1Password 5 is a direct update to 1Password 4, meaning that to iTunes store, 1Password 4 and 5 are the same app, the purchase is valid for both.

@littlebobbytables‌:

what some people here have experienced which is you need to download the app via the device and not iTunes. Once you know that it isn't too onerous :)

We made some improvements in the upcoming 1Password 5.1 update, it should work from iTunes as well.

This discussion has been closed.