iCloud sync not working on iOS 8 beta [right, not supported currently]

This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud sync not working.

Comments

• mrsinam
    mrsinam
    Community Member

Hi , i just restore my iphone on ios 8 beta , and then installed the 1password from the app store when i started app asked me if aim a new user or not when i chose i'hvae used 1password before i chose icloud but it says "it looks like you have not sign in using the settings app" bu i did , would u plz suggest a solution ,

• Hi @mrsinam,

iCloud sync it not currently supported on iOS 8 or Yosemite. The issue is not isolated to 1Password. iCloud on Yosemite and iOS 8 is a complete overhaul and has no connections to the previous iCloud version. Therefore, all OS X and iOS apps will be affected. There are no workarounds right now at the moment, and we will be working on this in the next few months but iCloud will not be stable to use until we get closer to the release date later in the fall. So, don't expect this to work for a while. I'd suggest switching to Dropbox if you need to sync (or just don't use the betas).

• gerardrj
    gerardrj
    Community Member

Any updates to this topic? It's now October and sync still doesn't work. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Hi @gerardrj‌

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. This is a bit of an older thread, so things have changed slightly since the original poster asked his question. Please see our Announcement at the top of the forum for some more up to date details on the situation: Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8)

Essentially, the update that is required here is for Apple to release Yosemite. Then users can take advantage of the new iCloud sync on both iOS and Mac.

• gerardrj
    gerardrj
    Community Member

Excellent...thank you very much!

• binarysprocket
    binarysprocket
    Community Member

Does iCloud sync work if you're on iOS 8 and running latest Yosemite developer previews? I can't seem to find this answer anywhere!

• arisg
    arisg
    Community Member

No it doesn't. I am using Yosemite GM 2.0, with 1Password 4.4.2 (latest AppStore version) and 5.1 on iOS 8.1 beta 2. The desktop application syncs with iCloud and so does the mobile application, but they seem to use separate data files so there is no syncing between them.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @binarysprocket‌ and @arisg,

Unfortunately, @arisg is right here. 1Password 4 for Mac was built with the 'old' iCloud, so even if you're using OS X 10.10 betas 1Password 4 just doesn't have the ability to make use of the 'new' iCloud available in Yosemite.

Until Yosemite, and the Yosemite-compatible update to 1Password is released, we recommend switching to Dropbox or Wi-Fi to keep your data synced up.

This discussion has been closed.