VoiceOver: The button to add a new item is not labeled correctly [Confirmed, will fix]

Options
MarcoZ
MarcoZ
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi there!

Am a new beta tester who got on board today. I am blind and use the VoiceOver screen reader built into iOS to access 1Password and a lot of other great apps from Apple and others.

And here's my first report:

The button to add a new item is not labeled correctly for VoiceOver. When I touch it, I hear "nav add" button, which sounds a lot like it is the name of the image used for this button. Instead, this should have a localized string like "Add new item". A simple call to SetAccessibilityLabel in code for this button should do the trick.

To reproduce:

1. Launch 1Password.
  2. Turn on VoiceOver. Easiest is to configure the triple click of the Home button to toggle VoiceOver on and off in Settings/General/Accessibility/TripleClick Home.
  3. When VoiceOver is turned on, touch the button to add a new item. This will put a rectangle around it visually, and VoiceOver will speak it.

Result: VoiceOver says "nav add" button.

Expected: It should say something meaningful like "Add new item" button.

This is also present in the 5.0 and 5.1 releases.

Marco

Comments

• Hi @MarcoZ,

As usual, thanks for helping us with the VoiceOver coverage. I've filed a bug report to get this fixed.

This discussion has been closed.