One Bank but three 1Password Locations/ multiple cards one bank

1) I have multiple cards from BOA and other institutions have different items
Schwab has Brokerage CreditCards and Bank
Costco has an account and a Credit card
They keep passwords & security questions on one website.
I have a log of interactions I keep as a Secure Note, site as Login, Card in Wallet

How would you recommend synchronizing these WITHIN 1PW?

2) SURE WOULD LIKE TO PRINT so I can review a site/cards data without hopping around tiny windows
which creates a potential for errors galore. Also nice to have it all in front of you when making a call to the bank or logging in

of course I could just synch, open a MAC , reload 1PW3, export to CSV , import to Spreadsheet and reformat to print
But that might be considered , uh, inelegant.
Or screen grab, save, open word processor, insert, scroll to next screen, repeat and print.
but I still have to edit in tiny windows in everything but Secure Notes, and that leaves unencrypted files laying around
requiring another step to try and securely erase them.

Am I missing something here?
Really with the security questions issue, I need a better text field or better approach

3)For naming sake, what do you call an Account/Login/note? Do you have a glossary?
I just want to use the same name you use for
Account / vault /record /field so that I can be consistent in my descriptions

R

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. I don't know what you mean by "synchronizing" your credit cards and accounts. If you just want to associate them or group them, you can use folders and/or tags, as explained in one of your other forum threads.

2. As explained in a couple of your other forum threads, you can export your Login items to CSV and format them for printing in a spreadsheet or text editor. I can't imagine why you'd go to 1Password for Mac to do that. The other suggestions seem like sarcasm, so I won't answer them unless you need more information about why they aren't necessary. :)

3. There's a glossary at the bottom of the TOC in both the user's guide and the knowledgebase. (It's the same article, by the way, shared by both manuals.)

Thank you for using 1Password!

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

Sorry to come across sarcastic

I was very frustrated by some of the gaps in the system

The information is often there,that is engaging

It is often in inconsistent and non intuitively placed locations

that is real frustrating. It is worth figuring out , as it works well when resolved , but...

1)Synchronizing-> when an entity has a Login , credit card, bank account, and secure note ACCOUNTS, (eg bank, or brokerage account)

keeping the essential data coordinated requires multiple ACCOUNTS in 1PW that are hard to juggle when editing , backing up and using online.

keeping them where they can be gracefully accessed and reviewed. Folders may help. it is complex and gets kludgey especially across platforms.

2) the 1PW3 for mac will print a file on one page**

This is VERY helpful for editing

Scrolling through small boxes amplifies the risk of errors

When crossing over from prior manager that was more a simple flat file database

this features awkwardness was highlighted

**3) help tab in 1PW Win goes to

https://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/

on the users guide tab

which I find very hard to use for answers**

When I get the Users guide from the web site

I found an indexed help file

**https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/
    which is pretty much what I was looking for

(No, EXACTLY what I was looking for)

thanks for the redirection

I like 1PW , but it often acts like very different programs on multiple platforms

which is what it is

When looking at the Glossary I am impressed by how specific the terms are

and how they often lack congruence across the different 1PW's

That was my problem , and a t least I know where to go to follow it as the programs evolve.

apologies if I get sarcastic
    to be honest this is exacerbated by the odd formatting of this forum. It requires everything to be reviewed and reedited to keep everything said from being put on one line. double enter, double enter,recheck, scroll through, double enter ( it is another example of how 1PW works well but you have to learn a whole new way to enter everything. That is what vexxed me with the program) (Is there an FAQ about using bullets?)
    thanks very much for your help double enter, double enter
    Richard

It took as long to try and figure out formatting as the rest of the response, and it still fails to present the response well.
    not to be snarky, but it really is not a good forum editor

really not

R

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

**3) help tab in 1PW Win goes to https://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/

Sounds like you're running the older 1Password for Windows v1. The above url is the old help system.

You other one you found (https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/) is for v4 and is linked from the help menu option of v4.

this is exacerbated by the odd formatting of this forum.

It's called Markdown and I agree, it's rubbish. You get used to it eventually, but you really shouldn't have to.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

On the other hand, Markdown is simpler than wiki formatting and so much more robust than Textile. I'm grateful the forum software vendor chose Markdown, in that sense.

There's a lot of information on the Internet about how to use Markdown. Let us know if you have specific questions, though.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

They could just use bbcode like almost every other major forum in existence.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

...except for the ones I come across that use Markdown.

I'm not on a lot of forums besides this one, but this is the one we use, at least for the time being.

Different folks find different markup languages, like different colors and different songs, more or less desirable than others.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've done many forums over the last 15 years and this is first time I've encountered Markdown.

For me, the reason I dislike it so much is that if you don't know of its existence then it still screws with your text.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @RichardPayne. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

DB,

"On the other hand, Markdown is simpler than wiki formatting and so much more robust than Textile"

BIG PICTURE : THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM

If that gets discussed, it's because the things that should be transparent and just work aren't.

Part of what I do involves getting seniors and folks who avoid computers engaged.

They have a low tolerance of frustration and are a good bellwether for when I have had to overly complicate something to make it work

they call me on it

When you get used to the malarkey , you make excuses for it that don't really fly. We all do.

Remember Steve jobs famous " You're not holding right " that was lately parodied as "You're not sitting on it right."

the wiki blog forum should be WYSIWYG to avoid frustration and the current format is aggravating

I really don't appreciate whether it is more robust than Textile, and appreciate that you do and it is like going back to kludgy WORDSTAR

unless AB just wants to limit the product to programmers and database designers

Please pass it on

thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject, @Iwouldrathernot‌!

This discussion has been closed.