icloud sync is not reliable, missing entries

amitjindal
amitjindal
Community Member

Hello,
I have been using this program (Mac, iPhone, iPad) for about 6 months now. Every now and then I see missing entries but its really really annoying.
Seems like iOS is few entries behind Mac. On Mac I have 152 items, in iPhone and iPad I have 149 (on either). I am using icloud sync. I do not see any errors in logs.

So how do I get the syncs in order and make them reliable? Please do not recommend dropbox.
Is this an inherent problem in icloud?

Please help.

Comments

• Hi @amitjindal,

I'm very sorry for the trouble! Could you please try completely re-setting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable iCloud sync.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• RichO
    RichO
    Community Member

Reseting my iCloud sync didn't work for me. Doing a sync over wifi then switching back to iCloud syncing seemed to fix things.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member

"Seemed to fix things"...temporarily.

All cloud-based sync options keep failing on 1P, and the apps never even bother to have a warning either, giving users endless headaches. No comment about this from staff whatsoever, go figure.

• Hi @RichO,

When you said:

Reseting my iCloud sync didn't work for me.

Can you go into more details on that, you're saying even after a complete reset, it'd still show 152 items versus 149 items?

This discussion has been closed.