1Password categories

Options
Whyme
Whyme
Community Member

I want to create a new category for Financial Institutions (not banks). How can I do this? If I can't, what can I do to create a place for Financial Institutions data?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Despite frequent requests from users to be able to create custom categories, that is not possible with the current versions of 1Password.

It is possible to customize fields within records, though. Would doing that in, say Bank Accounts serve your purpose?

I keep login credentials for a couple of financial institutions that aren't banks in Logins. I keep a variety of unformatted information about lots of things in Secure Notes. I guess it depends on what information about your financial institutions you want to store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Whyme,

As @hawkmoth says, it is not currently possible to create new categories. New categories are a popular feature request, and it's always a challenge when deciding what categories will be useful to the largest number of users. We want to have enough categories for most types of data, but not present a user with an infinite and overwhelming list of options.

Is there any chance that your Financial Institution data could fit within a Bank Accounts entry? Possibly with a few custom fields added?

This discussion has been closed.