JamesHenderson
Community Member

...and yes, I am using 1Password.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

What platform are you using? I've found the the forum forgets that I'm logged in most of the time when I try to back up from my current page, but only on my iPad. Refreshing the the page in the mobile Safari is enough to get me back logged in. This used to be an infrequent occurrence for me, and then for a time it went away. But it's now back, worse than ever.

I do not have the same trouble with Safari on OS X.

If that's not relevant to your case, I apologize for the distraction.

Edited to add that I don't have the same trouble with Chrome for iOS. I remain logged through that browser.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Do you have the reset page stored inside 1Password and you are clicking on it to login maybe ? I have had this on happen before. Speaking from experience ;)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

thanks for the replies, both!

I am using Safari on my iMac and 1Password to log on.

I think I might have found the case though - I tried a shorter password (there seems to be no guidance on that) and now it works, Every time it said it accepted my new password, but perhaps it was a actually truncating it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JamesHenderson‌

Just out of curiosity, what length of password were you attempting to use ... and what length was ultimately accepted? I'm not aware of any limit on password length here (but I'm not quite familiar with all of the details of the underlying forum software.)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@Magan - I started with 50 (because that's the max and, hey, why not?) and I now assume that it accepted the password but cropped it. I dropped it to 19 which worked.

• Interesting. We'll have to play with that a bit when things settle and see if there is an actual character limit that isn't enforced on the client side.

This discussion has been closed.