Upgrade to family license?

Options

When 1Password for Windows 4 came out, I noticed I could upgrade from my single user license to a family license at a discount. Now on the store when I put my key in that option no longer appears.

I filed a support ticket about this, but didn't hear anything. Did this upgrade path go away?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We have removed the Family License from our webstore and we will only be offering a Single License (multi-user licenses will still be available through our business store).

The Single License, however, will be able to be shared by up to 6 family members living in the same household.

This puts us on par with the Family Sharing in Mac OS X Yosemite. Thanks!

• MichaelKaras
    MichaelKaras
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @‌svondutch
    not so cool :\ Since there is no hint that a Single License is valid for more than 1 person I looked this way https://agilebits.com/store/choose and got last week a Family Licence as the result and guess what: the price is double than a single license. Can you please change the Choose-Page accordingly to this new view of a Single License?
    regards Michael

• vedichymn
    vedichymn
    Community Member
    Options

Good to know! And yeah, as Michael said the family license still appears to be purchasable, which led to my confusion.

Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

lol, I didn't even know there was a business store. I found it with Google but there doesn't appear to be any link to it from the main website.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ There's a link from the normal store page in fact ;)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Thankyou. Apparently I'm going blind.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@MichaelKaras‌, the change was prompted only very recently by Apple's new policy. It affected the App Store version of 1Password for Mac, which meant we needed to change it for the online store version, and we thought it would be unfair not to make the same change for 1Password for Windows, as well.

Please contact us by e-mail at support@agilebits.com, and we'll do what we can to help.

Thank you for using 1Password!

• MichaelKaras
    MichaelKaras
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown Hopefully the Store Page (and the Advisor Page) will be enhanced with this information, that a Single License can also be used for family. I do not really need a refund of the too much paid money, keep it for further developement of your really fantastic software
    regards Michael

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @MichaelKaras‌, and for your humbling comment!

We are truly fortunate to have folks like you in the 1Password family.

This discussion has been closed.