Mac OSX 10.6.8 - where is the data file? Firefox update has lost it. [Resolved]

Options
Kryten
Kryten
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As the title says, thank you. To re-enter everything will be a major pain. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry forgot to mention am using version 3.8.22

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member
    Options

The latest Firefox update v33 has conveniently lost the data file and the extension in the browser for 1P v3.8.22 running Snow 10.6.8.
    Any help will, be very welcome.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kryten‌,

Firefox 32 and later seems to be peculiar. We recently fixed the problem in the 1Password 5 betas (which will not work on Snow Leopard) and in the latest Browser Extension beta.

Can you please confirm that 1Password 3 works fine on an earlier (than version 32) version of Firefox?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi @Kryten,

I've moved your thread to the 1Password 3 for Mac forum.

The Firefox extension shouldn't have to worry about the data file, that's automatically handled by the main 1Password app which will sync the data to the Firefox extension.

Can you open the main 1Password app and unlock, do you see your data there?

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Rad.
    Yes it worked absolutely fine up until v33. Now it's gone. If I can locate the data file maybe it should work again....?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kryten‌

As @MikeT mentions above, since your datafile is handled by the main app, updating your browser won't have any effect on the actual data file. It's likely still where it should be. :)

Can you see your data when you unlock the main app?

Our developers are looking into an issue with Firefox 33, if you're able to use the ESR version of Firefox, please give it a try - does this fix your issue? (If so, it might be best to continue to use this version of Firefox until we are able to fix the bug.

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan, Mike and Rad. I managed to Export from 1P4 on my MacBook Pro (the same data) and Import into my MacPro (1P3) after a bit of fiddling about. Not particularly intuitive I'm afraid, but we got it done. Thank you for all your help. To go back to my original gripe, Firefox updated and 1P3 was gone. When 1P3 booted it asked to start a new data file or link to another, so obviously the original was lost to it. Hence my post. Not your fault, but Mozilla's sloppy programming I'm guessing.
    Thank you all for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kryten,

I'm so glad to hear you managed to get things back to normal! Again, I'm sorry it was a bit of a process.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.