Drag emails from Apple Mail onto desktop first before dragging it into 1Password

Options
ghoetker
ghoetker
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi. In version 4, I was able to drag an email message from Apple Mail to the "Attachments" field of an entry (specifically for Software Licenses in my case). This was a very useful way to preserve the purchase confirmation email that often includes lots of details one might want to have. In version 5, though, this no longer seems possible. I drag over the field, yet nothing happens. Has this been lost (if so, I hope Agile Bits will consider re-adding it)? Or, is there now a step or modifier I need to be using that I'm just missing?

Many thanks to anyone who can give me a lead on this!

G.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I believe this is a bug in Apple Mail but in any event the solution is to drag the mail item first to the desktop and then into 1P.

Stephen

• Hi @ghoetker‌,

This is a new issue with Apple Mail on Yosemite. Other email clients does work fine with letting you drop emails into 1Password.

We've filed a bug report with Apple and hopefully, they can fix it in a future update to Mail or they can let us know how we can fix it.

Right now as a workaround, Stephen's correct, you can drag the email onto the desktop and then drag from there to 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.