Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser Issue with Yosemite

Options
jkmoz
jkmoz
Community Member

Even after following agilebits instructions posted for this problem, this message continues to appears with every site I try to log in that is stored in 1 Password. Please help. Right now 1 Password is useless with no auto fill working. 1 Password version 5 installed.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jkmoz,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension! What browser are you using? There may be an issue with the 1Password extension and the latest version of Firefox, but the other supported browsers (Safari, Chrome, Opera) should be fine. If you're using Firefox, which version is currently installed?

• ravenac95
    ravenac95
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG I'm also seeing this problem with 1Password 5.0.1 and Chromium (Nightly Dev Build). I even turned off browser verification.

• jkmoz
    jkmoz
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried Safari 8 (1password 4.2.4), Chrome 38.0.2125.104 (1password 4.2.4.90), and Firefox 22.0 (1password 3.9.20) all with Yosemite. All 1password extension were updated after Yosemite. Disabling Browser Code Signature Validation.

• rickfillion
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @ravenac95‌

We're currently experiencing issues with Chromium that we're still investigating. We have a case filed in our bug tracker about it (ref: OPM-2470). My recommendation would be to temporarily switch to Chrome if you're relying on 1Password.

ref: OPM-2470

• Hi @jkmoz‌,

Those should all be supported browsers, I'm really sorry that you're having this bad experience. My recommendation at this point would be to send us a diagnostics report, which will hopefully be able to give us the information we need in order to determine what could be going wrong. The instructions for how to do this can be found here.

In the email, please add a link to this forum discussion to help give us some context and link up the two things.

• jkmoz
    jkmoz
    Community Member
    Options

Since this problem has not been resolved yet, I have reverted back to my older version of 1Password, which works fine in Safari. I'm hoping that you will find a solution for upgrading to 5. I have also emailed support with no response. This does not seem like the Agilebits I've come to know. Also, doesn't Apple provide beta to you guys so you can make sure your stuff works prior to releases?

Thank you for your help so far.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @jkmoz,

...andd Firefox 22.0 (1password 3.9.20) all with Yosemite.

That's an outdated build of Firefox (latest version is Firefox 33) and 1Password extension (should be 4.2.4), both versions doesn't work with 1Password 5 on Yosemite.

However, Mozilla introduced a bug in Firefox 33 that broke our filling and we've filed a bug report with Mozilla that confirms this.

We have a workaround right now in the latest beta of 1Password 5.0.2 with the 4.2.5 beta 1 extension in Firefox assuming the code signature is disabled. We plan to ship 5.0.2 fairly soon.

I'm hoping that you will find a solution for upgrading to 5.

The problem is that majority of our customers have no issues with using any of the supported browsers except for Firefox, nor can any one of us see any issues here. We need to look at your diagnostic report to see what's going on because at this moment, the issue is specific to your setup that we need to reproduce.

Without your help, we can't fix this. Please do send us your diagnostic report with the link to this thread, so we can figure out what's going on.

I have also emailed support with no response. This does not seem like the Agilebits I've come to know.

We do apologize for this, this tend to happen often when we release major upgrades. A lot of people write in with questions, ask about upgrade fees, and so on. While majority of the times, we do respond within 24 hours, major upgrades would throw this out of the window. We're seeing 5x times the usual support volume every day now, so it's taking us longer to reply. We will get to your email as fast as we can.

In this case, I can try to find your report now because we need to fix the issue but I don't see your email (I checked using your email account in your forum profile) nor do I see any email that has this thread link. If you can tell me the support ID you have from the email, I can look for it.

Also, doesn't Apple provide beta to you guys so you can make sure your stuff works prior to releases?

As I mentioned, 1Password does work fine with Safari 8.0 on Yosemite without any issues and that's true since the first beta of Yosemite several months ago. None of us on the team including our beta team saw any issues with Safari on Yosemite.

Firefox 33 was only released a few weeks ago and it is a problem on Mavericks as well, not just Yosemite.

Please do let me know your support ID, so I can look for your email or if you don't know it, please send me a private message here with the email address you used, so I can search using that one.

Thanks!

• Darren Sinofsky
    Darren Sinofsky
    Community Member
    Options

I too cannot get this to work on my iMac with Yosemite and the latest Safari. It works on my older MacBook, no problem. But i've reinstalled the extension, and tried all the other suggestions. Restarted the machine. But I keep getting the error message. And strangely, the App Store keeps asking me to update to version 5.02. For whatever reason, despite going through the update, i'm still on Version 5 (build 500019). Any suggestions to force the update to my iMac as this may be the problem?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Darren Sinofsky‌. You've got a couple of problems in there it seems.

Assuming you're confident that you're running the MAS version then one trick to try would be to quit 1Password and 1Password mini (keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q). Move your copy of 1Password in your Applications folder to your Trash and empty your Trash. Just for good measure throw in a reboot and then re-download from the Mac App Store.

That ought to take care of that problem. As for your Safari issue, have you tried uninstalling the extension completely and downloading a fresh copy (which may be what you meant by reinstalling,I just want to make sure).

• Darren Sinofsky
    Darren Sinofsky
    Community Member
    Options

Deleted the app twice (and re-downloaded twice from the MAS); also tried a reinstall of the extension for Safari. Nothing seems to work. My Safari is in the Applications folder so should be in the right place. I tried the proxy settings suggested in the Support page. Still no dice. And multiple reboots throughout the process. Is there a way to completely delete all parts of 1Password and truly start fresh?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you really want to start over there is a knowledge base article here telling you how to do it.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Darren Sinofsky‌ Please let us know how you get along. We do want to see you happy with a working copy of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.