1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single User License) upgrade

Markus Rottacker
Markus Rottacker
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I have a question concerning an upgrade for a bundle license. So far I purchased the following licenses:

January 2011: 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single User License) (1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password for Windows)

October 2013: upgrade for 1Password 5 for Mac (Single User License)

Now I would like to upgrade also the Windows Version to the latest one (1Password 4 for Windows) and keep my 1Password 5 for Mac license.

The upgrade site offers me:

• Option 1: 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle for $34.99
  • Option 2: 1Password 4 for Windows for $24.99

Here are my questions:

• Q1: Is my assumption correct, that purchasing Option 2 (upgrade for Windows for $24.99) will give me the right to use the Mac and Windows version as I own already 1PW5 for Mac.
  • Q2: Is there any benefit for me to buy option 1 (bundle for $34.99)?

Thanks for a quick reply,

Markus

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for using 1Password, Markus!

• Q1: Yes, you're licensed to use 1Password 5 for Mac, so there's no reason to pay for it again by purchasing a "bundle" upgrade.

• Q2: No, 1Password 5 for Mac is the latest version for the Mac, and you already have it.

There are differences between 1Password 5 for Mac purchased from the Mac App Store and 1Password 5 for Mac licensed from our online store, but they'd best be addressed in the corresponding forum than in this one.

• Markus Rottacker
    Markus Rottacker
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick answer. All licenses are purchased at your online store - so the upgrade for the Windows version seems to be the right choice ...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Thanks again for using 1Password, Markus!

You might want to check the Upgrading from version 1 article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase for useful information.

This discussion has been closed.