Options

Comments

• The_caveman
    The_caveman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'll update my situation.
    I changed the dates of my passport to reflect the actual ones and synced to my iPhone with icloud. The dates are now displayed correctly in the updated passport file. However, I dare not edit, since that will mess it up again...

Question though: Given the long wait for a solution and the fact that time zones on the computer and the device might be involved, I'm guessing there is some link to a calendar of some sort. Why?? This is a data field as much as a password field is and what you enter should not be linked to whatever... People should be able to enter the date in any format they feel happy with (I ALWAYS use dd/mm/yyyy, but I dislike (understatement!) my entry being reformatted into xx/xx/xx, especially since I don't know if this is dd/mm/yy or mm/dd/yy like on some US software. This is very confusing and requires me to check every date after hitting the "done" button.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, make this a simpel text field and let people enter the dates anyway they want. That should clear up this bug as well, don't you think? Unless you use these dates to calculate something? If yes, can you clarify please?

I just realised that you may want to use e.g. a birthdate for autofilling, but I think the bug is worse than the convenience gained with have you birthdate filled in for you... Even then, passport fields never need to be autofilled!

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

I believe the only reason this is a "date" field is for ease of formatting reasons. Our developers are looking into the best solution to this. Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Is there a plan to give users reminders when things like passports are about to expire? If there is, then these fields have to relate to a calendar. Otherwise, I agree that they should be fixed to whatever date the user enters. My birthday won't ever change or expire! :D

• Ben
    Options

No plan that I'm aware of. I don't disagree. :)

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

"Is there a plan to give users reminders when things like passports are about to expire? If there is, then these fields have to relate to a calendar. Otherwise, I agree that they should be fixed to whatever date the user enters. My birthday won't ever change or expire! :D "

Agree if such functionality was on the cards. Otherwise I guess most users add such dates to their calendar, but with all the things one has to remember the expiry/renewal dates for, they do tend to clog-up your general calendar, unless one puts such things into their own separate "Notices/Expire/Reminder" calendar that can be turned on/off to hide from view — but then you need to remember to turn on to check it regularly, or trust calendar alarms will work properly when/if one sets them, of course!

I often wonder the best ways to deal with future expiry dates for things...

• Ben
    Options

I often wonder the best ways to deal with future expiry dates for things...

It is an excellent question. Currently 1Password does not address this at all, but if there is a demand perhaps we could in the future. :)

• dsoegijono
    dsoegijono
    Community Member
    Options

Date saved is 1 day earlier than date inputted. Say I input "11/2/2014" and hit Save, it will show up as "11/1/2014". Editing it will show the date field to be "11/1/2014".

This might be caused by the fact that I'm in a timezone GMT+7?

• kraiberg
    kraiberg
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have the same problem; Time Zone Germany

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

This bug is already being investigated for a month (or more?) now. It seems to be hard to fix.

• fra76
    fra76
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me, on both an iPhone and an iPad, iOS 8.1, 1password 5.1.1, time zone gmt+1.
    Reproducing the issue is very easy:

• add a passport
    • Set birth day to 01.01.2000
    • Save
      birth day shown will be 31.12.99
      Same thing with all the other date fields.
      If you edit the password and save it without touching the dates, they do not change. If you tap on a date and go in edit mode, that date will be saved 1 day earlier.

By the way, a 2-digits year reminds me the millennium bug!

• thebig22
    thebig22
    Community Member
    Options

OnePass changes birthday in sync file. Completely deleted and reinstalled all data bases. All updates current both Mac and iOS. Changes don't migrate to other devices. Interestingly, if I change date on different device, the same thing happens to other devices - off by one day.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@fra76‌ and @thebig22‌ I have merged two threads which are dealing with the same issue.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

I sincerely apologize that you're dealing with this bug! We are passing all your feedback along to our developers - they know this is important to you all, and are doing their best to get this sorted out just as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding as we work to squash this annoying bug!

• Pasta86
    Pasta86
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I had the same problem this morning. (iMac: OS X 10.9.5, 1Password 4.4.3; iPad/iPhone: iOS 8.1, 1Password 5.1.1; sync through Dropbox). All 3 dates in my passport were back by one date on my iPad. I checked the entries on my desktop, and found that a second field had been added for each of the dates. So my Passport had 2 date of birth entries (fields), 2 issued on entries (fields), and 2 expiry date entries (fields). One of each of the entries was correct; the second was one day behind. I know that I did not make those second incorrect entries. I deleted the incorrect entries, and it would seem that solved the problem. (Without thinking, I did that before checking to see if there were also two entries on my iPad.)

Then I looked at a different passport that I also keep track of in 1Password (an expired one). It also has 2 of each of the date entries. However, on my iPad, the dates are one day off in all 6 of the date fields (2 dates of birth, 2 issued on, 2 expiry dates). On my iMac, one set of 3 dates is correct; the other set is one day off.

I checked my Identity. It also had two fields for birth date on my desktop. One was correct; one was one day off. I deleted the wrong one, and at least for now, it's correct on all my devices.

My Driver's License also has two fields for birthdate on my desktop, one correct, one off by one day. Both show up as the wrong date on my iPad.

Thank you for continuing to work on it. Please do squash this bug quickly!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing your experience, @Pasta86‌ !

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed the same date issue in every form across the entire iOS platform that has a date field by default. It's annoying and, frankly, has caused problems when relying on dates only to find out they are wrong.

The work-around I found is to delete the default date field and then recreate it manually. Then it seems the date does not corrupt. Seems.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

Care to elaborate on that "across the entire iOS platform that has a date field by default" -- what does that mean?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jimthing‌

I think @0p3raGh05t‌ is trying to say any date fields in 1Password for iOS will have this issue, not just birthdates, etc.

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, if there is a template that comes with a pre-established date field, it will be corrupt. If you add the date field yourself, it will probably not be corrupt.

• levin
    levin
    Community Member
    Options

:D Same problem here. I use dropbox to sync. The mac version shows the correct DOB. All iOS version has 1 day off.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @levin, thanks for letting us know you're also experiencing this problem. Our developers are working hard to solve this one, and I apologize for the inconvenience!

• brino58
    brino58
    Community Member
    Options

The issue doesn't bother me, honestly, but they've been "working hard" for almost 2 months now from what I can see... It doesn't seem like a priority for them.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @brino58‌

Unfortunately I can't comment further than to say it is a work in progress. We appreciate your patience. :)

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member
    Options

This is getting quite annoying. A security app to store sensitive data that actually corrupts that data would be laughable if not so darned retarded.

What happens when someone uses the data from their 1Password, relies -- VERY mistakenly -- on the integrity of that data and then has problems when the data was wrong and suffers consequences.

I found out about this issue when buying airline tickets. Delta asked for family members' passport expiration dates and I got the data from 1Password. Fortunately Delta said, "Sir, those dates are different from when you last bought tickets from us. Did you get new passports?"

Anyhow, corrupting data and then sitting on your asses doing nothing about it is not cool. You guys should be ashamed.

• vim
    vim
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that this is annoying. I also had issues with another government department because I depended one 1password to store my passport data securely and reliably. I have to go through all my stored data in 1password and cross check it with actual documents now.

All I have seen in the forum is "we are working on it" ... I understand you guys have a million other things to do but data corruption issues should really be high up on priority.

Would be happy to see a reply other than "we are working on it with highest priority"!

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, although I doubt the devs are "sitting on their asses" here, but are instead likely wondering how to fix it, as we get the impression this may be something more fundamental to do with the OS/Apple API's (I'm not a dev, so am guessing here somewhat), rather than a simple coding issue to fix.

My temporary solution is to copy any date into the freetext Notes field within entries that feature a date and temporarily use that, making sure to leave the original date field so I can see the error, and any fix that comes in future to fix it.

But yeah, this bug is taking its pretty time to get squashed for sure – an ETA might be a nice from the devs here in the meantime.

• 0p3raGh05t
    0p3raGh05t
    Community Member
    Options

They might not be sitting on their butts, but they aren't getting this > 2-month-old bug squashed. An app that is supposed to secure your data, but ends up corrupting it is a joke. Kind of like your local fire department deciding to burn down houses.

I pity the sucker who needs to critically rely on that data.

• thebig22
    thebig22
    Community Member
    Options

Any fix in sight AgileBits? It's been a long time.

• Good afternoon, everyone. My apologies for the radio silence on our part here. Your consternation has not fallen on deaf ears, but we didn't want to give you yet another, "we're working on it" response.

We have put a fix in place for this bug you're all experiencing and it will be part of our 5.1 release on Mac and 5.2 release on iOS. This fix does not correct the bad dates you're currently seeing, but if you correct the dates after these releases you should see them stay correct. Again, my apologies.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It would be fascinating to know what the problem was and why it was so difficult to fix.

This discussion has been closed.