Feature Request: Hiding categories in 1Password mini

Options
ethan KR
ethan KR
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

is there an option to hide categories in 1Password mini? i just would like to see folders in 1Password mini because i seldom use the categories.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

There is not an option at this time for that, but thank you for letting us know you would be interested in one if we add it. :D

Please keep the feedback coming!

ref: OPM-1464

• LA Bruce
    LA Bruce
    Community Member
    Options

Ethan

Have you considered using tags instead of folders. I started out using folders but have since switched to using tags instead. You can have multiple tags assigned to any item which is great for those of us who are really anal about organizing.

If anyone knows of any advantages of using folders instead of tags, please let me know.

Suggestion for future release. Let us be able to drag items into user defined positions in the categories/tags/folders like you can for favorites.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

FWIW, I use and prefer tags myself since I find the flexibility of being able to add multiple tags to an item very helpful when creating Smart Folder based on the tags. But I think that folders are easier for a lot of folks to understand conceptually since each item can exist in one and only one folder at a time.

You can drag Categories in the order you prefer them in the main 1Password app. They will appear in that same order in 1Password mini if that's what you were after.

You will need to quit and restart 1Password mini in order for the change to take place. You can do this by using the Control-Command-Q shortcut in the main 1Password app, and then relaunch 1Password.

Cheers!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Being able to hierarchically nest folders is another reason some people may prefer using them instead of tags.

Let us be able to drag items into user defined positions in the categories/tags/folders like you can for favorites.

We have an open request to support manually sorting folders/tags in the main application sidebar and I've included your vote; thanks, LA Bruce! :)

As @khad mentioned, categories can already be manually sorted in the sidebar and will also be ordered that way in 1Password mini.

ref: OPM-1303

• ethan KR
    ethan KR
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm using both folders and tags. for future releases hoping for an option in 1P mini to hide categories. so when i click it i can see only my folders n tags that would be neat.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.