Total uninstall of 1Password 1 and 4?

I have an issues which I think is related to a previous installation of 1Passwird. I seldom check IE but I noticed that there are multiple 1P references in the Menu bar and in the browser add ins. How do I remove the BHOs etc?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Your 1Password extension for IE is uninstalled when you uninstall 1Password itself. Alternatively, you can uncheck the box for Internet Explorer here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

As noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/uninstalling-1password

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I looked at the guide. It worked to remove the extension but IE11 still shows the extension when I view Manage Add-ons inside IE. I have already disabled them.

I have already uninstalled 1Password 4 and the items are still present.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I've solved the issue by uninstalling 1Password 4, reinstalling 1Password 1.0 and signing in and going to Preferences, unchecking the IE browser extension. I removed 1Password 1.0 for Windows and finally reinstalled 1Password 4.1.

The issue was with some registry entry leftovers from 1Password 1.0.

Would it be possible to check for a previous release, like the Anti Viral programs do, within the 1Password 4 installer and offer to uninstall it?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Most things are possible, of course—it's software. :)

We can certainly put that on the list of features for future consideration.

Thanks for letting us know it would be useful to you!

This discussion has been closed.