Draggable drag-handles in 1PW Windows open windows (PIC)

Small feedback/suggestion for a future feature/interface change.

I use Notes field a lot after entering my basic login information and find myself scrolling a lot. The outside borders of the 1PW window are draggable. Why isn't the notes field??

The seperated area between Notes & Tags could easily be draggable to make it easier for the user to see.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I agree that there's still room for a lot of improvement in the usability of the edit dialog boxes.

Thanks for letting us know what would be useful to you, @mia!

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

You're welcome DBrown. The Windows version is actually pretty polished. I would also add to this thread that adding more than 10 attachments becomes cumbersome in the Windows version. You have to scroll, even with list view :(

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014

Thanks so much for the "polished" comment! We think so, too. :)

Feedback shows that the edit dialog boxes are one of the few areas where there's still some work to be done, and we're always looking at ways to make 1Password for Windows even "awesomer"!

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Is there a tracking list where users can vote features up and down? Synthesia forums has something like this with "stars"

• That's not a bad idea @mia, we'll consider this. Thanks :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

I think the area that needs the most work (urgently) is the attachments. Good grief! It's almost impossible to work with more than 10 or 15 files added to the attachments tab.

One other major annoyance is there doesn't seem to be any discernable pattern of how it sorts the attachments. Default should be title.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Wow, I think that's more attachments than I have in my entire vault! :D

That said, I believe there's no technical limit on the number of attachments to any one item, though I have heard that there's a point at which speed might be affected. I'll see whether I can drum up any specifics.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

The problem is that the UI doesn't scale well. The view is not expandable only allowing you to use a few items at a time and even then, the height is not sufficient to cope with longer filenames that wrap to more than one line.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Understood, and high-DPI settings throw another wrench into the works.

We're looking at ways to improve all related issues and hope our beloved users will be patient with us in the meantime.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Please note that Notes fields are resizable, as of the BETA-516 build.

Just move the pointer to the lower edge of the Notes field. The pointer will switch to a two-headed arrow, as shown here:

Drag the edge down as needed.

(You're not grabbing the grey area between the Notes and Tags fields, so you may have to place the pointer a bit higher than feels natural.)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Thanks for this!

One piece of feedback. The handle is definitely not 'centered'. I have to move the cursor towards the bottom of the handlebar in order to get that two-headed arrow. It's a tiny little gripe, but 1PW appreciates the details so I figure I'd mention it :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @mia! Do you mean you need to move the cursor near the bottom of the grey area between the Notes and Tags fields? The two-headed arrow should appear when the mouse points to the bottom border of the Notes field (indicated by the orange arrow in the screenshot), since that is the field being resized.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Hi Drew,
    It's the same one as shown in DBrown's photo, but the functionality is a little weird. You have to put the cursor at the bottom edge of the drag-handle to see the double-arrow. It's just very odd. I've been working with interfaces for 20 years and this struck me as non-standard.

At any rate, don't spend anymore time on this. We got the functionality we wanted... onto more critical things like this! >>>>>>>(https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/153440#Comment_153440)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Again, the "drag handle" is not the grey bar between the Notes and Tags fields.

As shown in the figure in comment #11, above, you have to place the pointer at the bottom boundary of the Notes field, in order to resize the Notes field, to see the pointer change to the double-headed arrow.

This discussion has been closed.