Auto Save not working properly

Hi,

I'm reviewing 1Passwor at the moment, in general I like it a lot, but the auto save feature in browser is not working properly. Most of the time it shows up in the background (I can't see it at all, but I know it's there because it does show up in alt-tab and in task manager).
When this happens, if I go to another site with unsaved credentials, another Auto Save pops in the background, and they keep piling up there. I can kill them through task manager, and sometimes next one does show up as it should. But mos of the time it doesn't, which makes it annoying and pretty unusable. Happens on Firefox and Internet Explorer as well.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Michel

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Are you referring to the Auto-Save dialog box that appears when you submit a login form at a web site for which you haven't yet saved a Login item in 1Password?

If so, you need to submit or dismiss that dialog box; otherwise, it'll just stay there, which seems to be what your figure is showing.

Submitting the dialog box allows 1Password to create a Login item for you, saving the login credentials you just used, so that 1Password can use them again, the next time you visit that URL. That's the easiest and surest way to get 1Password working for you.

Dismissing the dialog box prevents 1Password from creating a Login item for you. There's typically no reason to do that, but at least it will prevent copies of the dialog box from "piling up". :)

• Michel Mamula
    Michel Mamula
    Community Member

Yes, I'm talking about auto-save dialog that shows up when I submit login.
    And no, it's not about dismising it, I'm saying it doesn't show up at all most of the time (I wouldn't know if it was even there if I didn't look in task manager).

It's also showing in alt-tab windows list, but I can't focus on it. Only thing I can do is kill it with task manager, and try again.

To clarify, when it does show up I can choose to save login, not save login or dismiss the window, but again, I'm saying it's not showing up at all.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

It's showing in alt-tab windows list, but I can't focus on it. Only thing I can do is kill it with task manager, and try again.

Sounds like it might be off-screen.

• Michel Mamula
    Michel Mamula
    Community Member

Well, off-screen or invisible, doesn't really matter. It's not showing up where it's supposed to. Is this a common problem or It's just my luck?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I would love to reproduce and fix this problem for you. In my testing, however, the auto-save window always appears on top.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In mine, as well.

This discussion has been closed.