Upgrading from 3.7 to 5 lost extra fields on Login items

CanSpice
CanSpice
Community Member

I upgraded from 3.7 to 5, doing the data import as outlined in the documentation. Unfortunately, not all of the information transferred over. I have primarily Login items stored in 1Password, and a few of these have extra fields -- an example would be for a website I administer. This Login item has four fields: username, password, backend, and backend password. Only the username and password fields transferred over.

Luckily I did not delete my 3.7 app, so all of the information is still there, but now I have to manually copy them over to 5. Is there some way I might be able to get this information transferred from old to new without having to manually copy it? Will going via Dropbox work?

Comments

• Hi @CanSpice‌

Have you purchased the Pro features for 1Password 5?

• CanSpice
    CanSpice
    Community Member

No, I haven't. Custom fields aren't available to me any more?

• Hi @CanSpice,

Custom fields are a Pro feature in 1Password 5. The Pro features are available as a one time in-app purchase.

However, in your case, the data may not actually be a "custom field". Please try selecting the Login item to see the details view, then tap Saved form details. Do you see the extra data there?

This discussion has been closed.