Compatibility 1P v4.4.2 MAS and 1P v5.1.1 iOS?

Options
MaChris
MaChris
Community Member

Hi everyone, before update I want to ensure not to get in trouble. I use 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store) in version 4.4.2 and have an iPhone with iOS 8.1.

Do I get in trouble, when updating the iOS version to 5.1.1 and syncing with 1Password für Mac. I prefer sync between the devices via WLAN-Sync.

Thanks in advance for any hint and clarification.

Comments

• Hi @MaChris,

Do I get in trouble, when updating the iOS version to 5.1.1 and syncing with 1Password für Mac. I prefer sync between the devices via WLAN-Sync.

When you say updating the iOS app to 5.1.1, do you mean from 1Password 4 for iOS or version 3?

1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 5 for iOS will work with each over via the Wi-Fi sync.

1Password 5 for iOS is smart enough to know which version 1Password is on the Mac, so it’ll disable features that are not compatible in 1Password 4 for Mac. In this case, it’ll disable the attachment sync and the upcoming multiple vault support. If you do upgrade to Yosemite and get the free update to 1Password 5, 1Password on your iOS device will enable the support for attachment/multiple sync when it detects the newer Mac version.

You might find this guide helpful as well when using the Wi-Fi sync in 1Password 5 for iOS: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/sync-over-wifi

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.