1Password 5 not working with OS X Yosemite

Options
Billgeorge
Billgeorge
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I had updated my Mac with OS X and then days later the v5 of 1 Password came in and I downloaded it. The first time it tired to run I got a prompt telling me to contact the originator of the software as it would not run with Yosemite. I have down loaded the v5 again from the Agile download site and it still will not run with the same prompt and now my v4 will not run and I can't access my passwords, I would like some help?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Billgeorge‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! Now, version 5 of 1Password was designed for Yosemite, so it should run just fine here. So, let's confirm a few details:

• What is the version number, and where did you originally purchase 1Password? (You can find this exact information in the 1Password > About 1Password menu)
    • What is the version number of the OS? (Find this in the Apple menu > About this Mac)
    • Could you take a screenshot of the message that you are seeing when you try to run 1Password? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. Simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks so much for your help in tracking this down!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Never does any harm to give the EXACT error message. I wonder if it is the Gatekeeper issue, though that really should not affect 1PW, so it probably is not that.

• Billgeorge
    Billgeorge
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Megan, I bought 1Password with an email of [Edited by MikeT to remove email address] back with 1password was new and have been betting upgrades ever since. The previous was v4 and I got a update from Agile. When I down loaded the v5 it did away with my v4 and left me with a software that will not open. Re loaded it from your down load file and still nothing. I'll have to get that screen shot for you and send it later. Thanks for replying. Oh my system is
    OS 10.10

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@Billgeorge, it looks like 1Password was stripped of a few frameworks it used. It might be the result of a tool you use on your Mac but it's hard to tell from the screenshots.

Do you have an app that cleans up or optimize your Mac? Like if you delete an app, this app would scan and automatically clean up the rest of the files laying around on the drive?

Please try this and see if it works:

1. Open your Applications folder via Finder, locate "1Password 5.app" file in there and move it to your Trash. Do not allow any app-cleaning tools to clean up after 1Password here. This won’t delete your 1Password data as it is stored elsewhere on your drive.
    2. In the Applications folder, make sure there is no other 1Password app file in there. If there is, move it to the Trash as well.
    3. Open your Trash folder, make sure you only see the 1Password 5.app file and nothing else related to 1Password. If yes, empty the trash and reboot your Mac.
    4. Download a new copy of 1Password from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    5. Extract the downloaded file if the browser hasn’t done that for you and then move 1Password 5.app to your Applications folder. Open it and it should not crash anymore.

Let me know if that helps.

By the way, I've deleted your screenshots as it showed some personal photos on your desktop and I've removed your email address in your post here as the forum is public. Email addresses should only be told via private messages here.

• jdepiro
    jdepiro
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue, but it was my Dock Icon. The Icon was referencing version 4 and when I installed 5 the Dock Icon still referenced the 4 version which was removed. It shows up with a ? in Yosemite when that occurs. If that is the issue, just drag the old Password 4 Dock Icon to Trash and re-add from Applications.

• ocherdraco
    ocherdraco
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having problems with 1Password 5 not working in Yosemite. Here's the error message from my mac:

Process: 1Password 5 [2643]
    Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
    Version: ???
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [2643]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-11-07 08:05:47.832 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 78BF2805-2B00-6C85-445B-A422D88A25B7

Sleep/Wake UUID: 1B507DC1-4575-41E8-B642-07E33108D0FB

Time Awake Since Boot: 88000 seconds

>

Time Since Wake: 27000 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

>

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

>

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

>

Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter

>

Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK

>

Reason: image not found

Binary Images:

>

0x7fff624e5000 -     0x7fff6251b837  dyld (353.2.1) <4696A982-1500-34EC-9777-1EF7A03E2659> /usr/lib/dyld

>

0x7fff8208a000 -     0x7fff8208dfff  com.apple.help (1.3.3 - 46) <CA4541F4-CEF5-355C-8F1F-EA65DC1B400F> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Help.framework/Versions/A/Help

>

0x7fff8208e000 -     0x7fff820dafff  com.apple.corelocation (1486.17 - 1615.21) <DB68CEB9-0D51-3CB9-86A4-B0400CE6C515> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreLocation.framework/Versions/A/CoreLocation

>

0x7fff820e0000 -     0x7fff820e6fff  libsystem_trace.dylib (72.1.3) <A9E6B7D8-C327-3742-AC54-86C94218B1DF> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_trace.dylib

There are many, many more of these, too long for me to include in a forum post.

Model: MacBookPro9,2, BootROM MBP91.00D3.B08, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.5 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 2.2f44

>

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Built-In

>

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3230554638424455302D474E2D4620

>

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3230554638424455302D474E2D4620

>

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0xF5), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.15.124.12.8)

>

Bluetooth: Version 4.3.0f10 14890, 3 services, 19 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

>

Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1

>

Serial ATA Device: APPLE HDD TOSHIBA MK5065GSXF, 500.11 GB

>

Serial ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-8A8

>

USB Device: Hub

>

USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

>

>

>

USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub

>

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

>

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

>

USB Device: IR Receiver

>

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 25.1

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Try dragging the 1P app to the trash (don't use an app cleaner tool), emptying the trash, re-booting then re-downloading and re-installing.

Stephen

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @ocherdraco,

Like Stephen mentioned, re-installing the app should fix it:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.

That should fix the issue. Please let us know if it helps.

Could you also let me know how you last updated the app? Did you use the built-in 1Password updater, or did you download the app from our website and manually install it? Any details you can provide about the last update are helpful.

• ocherdraco
    ocherdraco
    Community Member
    Options

I used the built in updater. Once I have the chance to re-download and re-install, I will report back.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ocherdraco‌,

I hope that 1Password is working perfectly for you after following @JasperP's steps, but if you're still having trouble, we're here to help!

• ocherdraco
    ocherdraco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I didn't have time until today to take care of it, but I followed his instructions and now everything is working just fine.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ocherdraco‌ On behalf of JasperP‌ we're glad to hear everything is working :smile:

This discussion has been closed.