After updating 1Password on iOS, all data is gone!

Options
cghalpin
cghalpin
Community Member

I've searched for a solution on the forums and didn't find anyone else with this problem.
I only use 1Password on my iPhone 5 and I'm up to 5.1.1 now, today's version.
I assume this problem occurred after one of the auto-updates on the iPhone or perhaps after updating to iOS 8.1, but when I open 1Password on my iPhone now, it can't find my vault. All my passwords are gone! It asked me to sign into a vault or create a new one.

Any ideas of what may have happened? Any way of retrieving the information?

If not, I'm moving to Lastpass, unless you can convince me why 1Pass is a better value than Lastpass, of course!
Thanks

Comments

• Good morning @cghalpin‌. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you're having and I can understand your frustration. Prior to this problem, when was the last time you used 1Password?

One thing we can try is to plug your phone into your computer and see if there are any backups from 1Password available. Check out our guide on backups here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/itunes-backups and scroll down to the section called Restoring a Manual Backup to see how to via any backups 1Password may have made in iTunes.

Backups in 1Password were, at one time, automatic, so even if you haven't made any backups yourself, some may exist.

This discussion has been closed.