Completely Uninstall and Destroy all vaults, everything with 1Password 5

Mahir
Mahir
Community Member

I was setting up 1password, from scratch, and i mistyped my 1password master password and cannot remember it. I only had a single login saved so far.
So I uninstalled 1password, deleted the library/containers/1password folder, uninstalled the browser extension and helper, deleted the iCloud data as well.
I redownloaded it from the app store, and I get the splash screen, but NOTHING happens after I click let's get started. I cannot create a new vault or do ANYTHING. This is OUTRAGEOUS, I buy a mac because there should be no bs uninstalling apps, but here I am, with an APP STORE app that refuses to completely remove all traces of itself.

I need help to use the app i bought without having to reformat my macbook air.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Take a deep breath and r e l a x. :) There's an excellent article here in the knowledge base that tells you exactly how to do what you want to do.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mahir,

I hope that @Stephen_C's link gets you all sorted out! I sincerely apologize for the trouble you're experiencing here - 1Password stores your password database separately from the app specifically so that if the app accidentally gets deleted you haven't also lost your valuable data! I can see how it can be a bit frustrating in your situation though.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.