Sharing items restricted to "Print" (and moving to other vaults) [Resolved]

Options
sbusch
sbusch
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I cannot share individual items per mail or message. The menu items are missing, leaving only Print and the other vaults as options.

I'm using 1Password 5.0.1 from Agile Bits store, (license upgraded from an 1Password 3.x license). I already tried to fix it by starting over by killing all 1Password processes and deleting the relevant files, as outlined in https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/starting-over.

Messages and Mail are each set as default app for message and mail respectively.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sbusch,

We've done some testing here and everything seems to be behaving as expected. Please check for updates- version 5.0.2 was just released! I hope this makes things better for you. :)

• sbusch
    sbusch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, 5.0.2 doesn't fix my issue. Regards, Sebastian

Screenshot of share menu

• Hi @sbusch‌,

I did some digging in our code here, and from what I'm seeing, the only real way that this could be happening is if the system told us that you aren't setup for sharing via Email and Messages (the only two system services we currently look for). We ask the system for each individually, so it shouldn't be an issue if one fails but the other succeeds.

Are you able to use Share as expected in other apps that integrate with the system's Share capabilities? If so, then we may need to reconsider how we ask the system for those sharing services.

Rick

• sbusch
    sbusch
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @rickfillion‌ ,

thanks for your hint! Share options were missing globally, e.g. in Finder. It turned out that the share system was broken, which is a possible (common) problem after upgrading to Yosemite.

Following these official instructions solved the problem:

support.apple.com/kb/HT6545

The share menu in 1Password is now populated.

Thanks for your efforts :)

Sebastian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sebastian ( @sbusch ),

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out - and for sharing your fix steps!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.