5.0.1 Install Update giving 404 not found, from the Software Update window

rosswell
rosswell
Community Member

Says "Download failed got 404"

Neither can you download it from agile website:

Not Found

The requested URL /dist/1P/mac5/1Password-5.1.1.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.29 (Amazon) Server at cdn.agilebits.com Port 80

This is at 17:55 UTC or 10:55 PDT

Comments

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member

Cannot update after getting notice to do so! "... expected ... 202 (got 404)"
    I FOLLOWED ADVICE and dragged 1PassWord Application to trash. Now can't download - I get a 404 error.

JEEZE!!!

• mikeycav
    mikeycav
    Community Member

Agile Bits,
    Your download link is broken, not only from the app itself, but on your website.

https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.1.1.zip

...produces:

Not Found

The requested URL /dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.1.1.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.29 (Amazon) Server at cdn.agilebits.com Port 80

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member

Right! Now what?

• mikeycav
    mikeycav
    Community Member

We wait. :(

• andyn3
    andyn3
    Community Member

Clicking the link to download the Mac version from your website (https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.1.1.zip) results in a 404 error:

The requested URL /dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.1.1.zip was not found on this server.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

See my post here (sorry, didn't want to type it all again!).

Stephen

• rosswell
    rosswell
    Community Member

Sorry the /mac5/ in URL above was me testing if URL just had an error. The actual URL is:
    This is what is not found.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

See my post here.

Stephen

• andyn3
    andyn3
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen, since I was looking for a way to evaluate, and not necessarily needing the last point release, I was able to change 5.1.1 in the above URL to 5.0.2 and it worked! At least I can check it out now and see how it works, thanks!

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member

A different patch? I guess Id better resurrect the 1Password app in my trash.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble here. Our developers have fixed the glitch - please download a fresh copy of 1Password from our downloads page. To install, quit 1Password and drag the newly downloaded copy into the Applications folder and replace the existing version.

This should get you sorted out, but if you're still having difficulty, please let me know - we're here to help!

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member

Good job! Auto Update popped a link and update went smoothly. 1Password 5.0.2 operational. :)

• Thanks for the confirmation.

We made a tiny mistake of pushing the iOS update to the Mac channel, that's why you were seeing 5.1.1 as that's the latest iOS version. Once we fixed it to go back to the regular Mac updates, it resolved on its own.

Sorry about that, guys.

This discussion has been closed.