How to help others with secondary vaults

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync Multiple Macs and iOS Devices.

Comments

• ReesaD
    ReesaD
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having serious issues with multiple macs & multiple vaults.

My specifics:

• Running 1Password 4 from AgileBits site
    • Multiple Macs (Mavericks)
    • Multiple iOS devices (OS 8.1)
    • Dropbox Sync
    • Multiple Vaults
    • Need to share secondary vaults with others

I can't get my secondary vaults to sync across devices. My secondary users are having trouble importing the data as well. Please help!

• Hi @ReesaD‌,

Have you checked out our guide for Sharing a Vault? That should help for sharing a vault to others.

Also, to get your secondary vaults to sync to your other devices, you do need to sync to the secondary vaults. That article covers how to access it from a Mac. On iOS, tap Settings > Vaults > Add vault and select the vault in Dropbox.

• Hi @ReesaD,

I've split your posts from the other thread because it is not related to the original question. I just want to ping you here, so you can find your thread. Please read chrisdj's post above about how to share your vaults with other vaults.

Make sure your vaults are individually configured to sync because there is no global sync settings for all vaults at once.

• ReesaD
    ReesaD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @chrisdj, thanks @MikeT. Helpful information, all, but I'm still having trouble on my second Mac and iPhone because I don't wish to merge all my vaults. I wish to add the secondary vaults for access on these additional devices. Does that make sense? Can you help with that?

• ReesaD
    ReesaD
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify: I can access my Primary vault on my other devices but can't figure out how to get access to my additional vaults on any machine other than the one I set them up on.

• Hi @ReesaD,

I wish to add the secondary vaults for access on these additional devices.

That’s what the guide is showing when you scroll down to the Accessing a shared vault section. The guide isn’t for merging vaults. 1Password has an extra dialog that will ask if you’re sure about merging the data in. If you get a merge window, then stop because it shouldn’t happen.

All you have to do on your other Mac is to double-click on the secondary vault files and 1Password will open the Create new Vault dialog instead. Here’s what you should see when you double click on a secondary vault:

For the iOS app, unlock the 1Password app, go to Settings > Vaults, and tap on Add Vault, which means to add a secondary vault, not to merge it into the primary vault. You can find out more here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/settings-vaults

I hope this helps.

• ReesaD
    ReesaD
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! I was missing a step. Thanks for your help!

• On behalf of the team here, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.