Issue: Multiple Google Accounts

Options
Jordan Smith
Jordan Smith
Community Member

I'm having an issue with 1Password 5 on Yosemite when I use it to fill my password for my Google Drive account. I have several Drive accounts that I switch between on a regular basis. Google knows which one I'm trying to use based on the document I attempt to access from a bookmark, and it auto-fills my username. However, 1Password doesn't pick up on this and will always fill in the alphabetically first login details I've saved. This is frustrating because Google is boneheaded and will accept that password and log me into that other account, causing me to have to log out and go through Google's whole clunky switch process again.

So, maybe more clearly this way:

• I want to log into Google Account B.
  • I go to Google and it fills in the username for Account B.
  • I press Command-\ to auto-fill my password from 1Password.
  • 1Password fills the password for Account A, which is alphabetically first.
  • Google signs me into Account A and locks me out of my file because I only have permission to see it on Account B. (It's not appropriate for me to share the document with Account A. I maintain accounts for two unrelated companies.)

System details:

• 1Password 5.0.2
  • Dropbox sync
  • Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jordan Smith

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your Google Logins. I'd like you to check something for me. You said that:

1Password fills the password for Account A, which is alphabetically first.

If you have multiple Logins saved for the same URL, 1Password will not automatically fill when you use ⌘\ ( Command- \ ), but will pop open the mini/browser extension to allow you to choose which Login to use.

Please look in your various Google Logins - do they all have the same URL saved? If the Login for Account A, for example, matches the sign-in page that you are viewing, but the Login for Account B has a different URL, then the Login for Account A will be assumed to be a more precise match and filled automatically.

I hope this helps! :)

• Jordan Smith
    Jordan Smith
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense. My Google accounts all have different URLs, so I'll try changing them to see if that helps. Thanks!

• On behalf of Megs, you're welcome. Please do keep us informed if it helped or not. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.