Error in Unregistered 1Password 4.1.526

Options

The About 1Password box says DEMO mode (Expires on Saturday, January 31, 1970.) !!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If it's unregistered, it's in trial mode (may say "demo mode"—I haven't seen that one in a while), but the 1970 part is fun.

I can't reproduce that in build 527, though.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I was thinking that4.1.526 is released software. 4.1.527 is beta software due to expire. Not a problem but an observation since I have a serial no.

The Jan 1970 date is odd. It has expired before it has started. I was attempting to correct a problem described in another thread about leftover 1Password inside IE11 but on a different PC.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Beta builds are set to expire after roughly 30 days, because we need beta users to stay up to date—rapid reaction to the latest features is the main benefit of a beta program.

Trial mode is the 30-day period during which you can use the full and unlimited feature set of 1Password without paying for a license. After the 30-day trial, you're restricted to 20 items in your vault (though no existing items are deleted).

I hope that makes sense.

Again, I've never seen the 1970 date problem, but you should be fine with build 527 in trial mode, if you're still not ready to register the software.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

The date thing sounds like it's failing to read the current system date. 31 Jan 1970 would be 1 month after the start of the Unix date system 01/01/1970 which is represented internally as zero. If the system date read failed then it's possible that rather than throwing an error up, it's simply leaving the date variable with the default value of zero.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That sounds like a plausible explanation, @RichardPayne.

@wkleem, if you see the problem in build 527, please let us know. Thanks!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@dbrown, I thought I would try the stable releases. I will install the latest beta and observe what happens.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Beta 527 correctly stated the expiry date as 31 December.

I'm having some Windows related problem on this machine. Namely x80050007 error. This error indicates that I have a problem with ACLs. I'll try rerunning the Windows 7 SP1 update to see if solves anything.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear the latest build is working for you.

Here's hoping your Windows problems get straightened out, as well!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The About 1Password box says DEMO mode (Expires on Saturday, January 31, 1970)

Fixed in 4.1.0.BETA-528

This discussion has been closed.