What happens after premium trial ends?

Options
Vinnom
Vinnom
Community Member

Hi people,

I tried 1password in my Android and I liked since the beginning. Then I created a dropbox vault, because it would be easier to me when connecting in things outside my smartphone.

But, I think I began to test the premium and the time has passed... After 1 month, the trial ends, right? Now, when I try to access my passwords in my vault I'm denied and receive a message that my master password isn't right.

I already tried all the passwords I used in my life, at least, all the recent ones. None of them is right and my hint isn't quite helpful.

My question is, if the trial ends, my account become "closed" until a payment? After a few tries, the vault become impossible to access?

I'm almost sure I know the right master password =/

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

No. All the non-premium version does is stop you adding items past 20 and stops you editing your items. They don't deny you access to your vault.

I'm sorry to say that you're likely just putting your master password in wrong. You can test this by using 1PasswordAnywhere:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-1passwordanywhere

• Vinnom
    Vinnom
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I see... my hope was that it denied my access and I could retrieve after a payment. I really don't remember my master password and I didn't take note anywhere, so I think this vault is a lost one.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty much, yeah. Sorry.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vinnom,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your vault. If you think you know what the password is, but it is not being accepted, please try some of these tips.

• If you have accents such as è, î and so on, try replacing it with the regular character such as e for è and see if that’ll get you in.
    • Try leaving the caps lock on and/or off. You can also try copying and pasting your master password in a text editor. Make sure it’s an editor that doesn’t sync to the cloud automatically (you wouldn’t want to expose your password in clear view). Copy the password and then paste into the master password field in 1Password.
    • If you entered the password hint for this data file, 1Password will show it automatically in a prompt after every three incorrect attempts. Confirm it’s the right hint that you entered because if not, you may be looking at a different data file.

Please try each tip, for we have found them to be the most common causes of this problem. Unfortunately, if these tips don't help, you will need to start fresh.

• Vinnom
    Vinnom
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I've tried all of these tips and nothing worked. Already deleted the vault and now I'll keep my master password somewhere I can find, if I forget again.

Thanks for the attention.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vinnom,

I'm sorry that those tips didn't help! If you have any further questions about 1Password, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.