Custom Field Values Duplicated in Windows but not Mac

omarcelo
omarcelo
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Because iPassword for Mac has superior import capabilities I imported from Password Manager XP to MAC and then setup sync via Dropbox to Windows. I was happy when I learned that 1Password 4 for windows contained the custom fields in the MAC version, however I just noticed the field values in Windows are duplicated. Example:

On MAC I have:

• Field Name-> Field 6, Field Value-> Custom1
  • Field Name-> Field 7, Field Value-> Hint
  • Field Name-> Field 8, Field Value-> Folder1

But on Windows 7 it appears as:

• Field Name-> Field 6, Field Value-> Custom1
  • Field Name-> Field 7, Field Value-> Custom1
  • Field Name-> Field 8, Field Value-> Custom1

And this does not only occur with imported logins, I also tested by creating new ones and also changing values in existing one, always same result

Please see attachment for screen shot:

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not able to reproduce that problem, @omarcelo.

Here's what I created in 1Password for Windows:

Here's how it looks in 1Password for Mac and in 1Password for Windows:

Can you tell us any more about how you created the Login items in which you're seeing the problem?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown I got the impression that @omarcelo‌ was creating the logins on Mac and then syncing to Window, not the other way around.

• omarcelo
    omarcelo
    Community Member

@DBrown, that is correct. Manually creating an item in either Windows or MAC seems to work fine, issue seems to be with importing from a cvs file into MAC. I just reran a test using sample data, imported login items to MAC version and problem replicated.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I see.

Here's a new Login item I just created in 1Password 4 for Mac:

Here it is, after having been synced by Dropbox, in 1Password 4 for Windows:

So, I'm still unable to reproduce the problem.

• omarcelo
    omarcelo
    Community Member

Did you create it manually or import from a cvs file? Please download the below cvs file and import it into MAC:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=55A2A3A59AD2CF00!1356&authkey=!ABrCsUMS1YgP6fk&ithint=file,csv

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Thanks, @omarcelo‌. Here're the contents of that file:

Title,location,username,Password,notes,custom1,Hint,Folder
     Test 1,http://www.away.com,x,,Hint: f,Account: ,Hint: f,Web Sites
     Test 2,,x,,Hint: f,Account: ,Hint: f,Web Sites
     Test 3,www.tagheuer24.com,x,,Hint: frt,Account: ,Hint: frt,Web Sites

I see the problem you describe, and I have no immediate explanation. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

My first observation, though, is that 1Password for Mac should give you the option of ignoring the first row, which is column names; it should also allow you to use the first row to define the meaning of the data in the remaining rows. I consider it a bug that it does not do those things.

• omarcelo
    omarcelo
    Community Member

@DBrown, Unfortunately it does not ignore the header row, but that's minor. Someone in your company is aware of the issues because it is even mentioned in the 1Password for windows manual to select "no" to the header record when importing and then selecting "Yes to all".

Just to be clear, the problem is not occurring just with the header record, it affects all the records I have imported.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You wrote:

it is even mentioned in the 1Password for windows manual to select "no" to the header record

but my point was that:

1Password for Mac should give you the option of ignoring the first row

• omarcelo
    omarcelo
    Community Member

@DBrown, any update on this issue? I would hate to manually fix hundreds of records.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

This may be related to the issue reported here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30660/

and as described in my PM to @DBrown. I've seen some field update problems when importing on 1P4 for Windows.

• omarcelo
    omarcelo
    Community Member

@Mrc, for what its worth, the import was done into 1P4 on the Mac because at the time I was using 1P1 on Windows. Perhaps I'll try re-importing a few of the records using 1PW on Windows and see what happens.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Thanks, I saw and understood your import process. I don't know at what level the import into the 1Password database process has issues, so I was just trying to connect some dots. I've never seen this sort of behavior on the Mac version however, and I've imported (some CSV and mostly 1PIF) probably a thousand times by now. So your data point is new and probably useful.

This discussion has been closed.