Custom icons not being synced, Android version lagging behing

johnny808
johnny808
Community Member

I discovered that 1Password for Android doesn't seem to sync any of my custom icons from 1Password for Mac and Windows. I have over 30 software licenses with custom icons that all show up with only the default software License icon on 1Password for Android. The Login custom icons only show up with the default Login icon as well.

Is this a limitation of the Android OS, or is it just that 1Password for Android hasn't been updated yet to support custom icons? Either way, I have good hope that this gets improved.

By the way, on a separate note, I had an opvault file in Dropbox that I tried to use with 1Password on Android. I tried a few times, but in the end I had to conclude that 1Password for Android simply does not understand the opvault file format. So, went back to the agilekeychain format.

There's definitely more work that needs to be done on the Android platform. In terms of capabilities, 1Password on the Android platform is lagging behind the other platforms. The other platforms can sync custom icons and can use the opvault format, although unofficially at this time.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

There's a reason that opvault support is unofficial on the other platforms; it's not properly supported on all platforms yet. Android is lagging behind, but that is entirely understandable as it is a very young product compared to the other platforms.

I don't know whether it's an Android OS problem or just 1Password for Android not supporting custom icons yet, but I suspect the latter.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Maybe it's simply because no icons are saved in the .agilekeychain?

It seems like icons are stored as .png in "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\AgileBits". That would explain why i don't see my custom icons on Android.

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member

@RichardPayne, Thanks. When I started using 1Password in September, the Android version was available. I didn't realize 1Password for Android was the youngest product. In that case, it makes perfect sense to just give it more time.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Maybe it's simply because no icons are saved in the .agilekeychain?

No, they definitely are. I have custom icons syncing between multiple Windows machines.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

@RichardPayne‌ Okay so it may be an Android app limitation at the moment. I noticed that i have to scroll on Android to make icons appear (otherwise all logins have the default icon) and not all are present...

• Custom icons are synced across your devices, so they are also stored in the 1Password.agilekeychain data folder. Android does not have support for viewing custom icons and does not support the newer OPVault format at this time. As we move forward, we plan to eliminate these limitations and have essential features like these implemented.

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

@saad, thanks. Got it. The custom icons are indeed in the 1Password.agilekeychain, but 1Password on Android can't view them yet. Great to hear that plans are in the works to remove the Android limitations.

• No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.