No way to leave Secure Note after creation [Known issue, working on a fix]

fhatta
fhatta
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

Upgraded to 5.1.1 today.
This behavior is the same on either iPhone or iPad.
Create a Secure Note. Add text.
Only Edit on top right of screen. Press that and there's Cancel on left and Save on right top of screen. Press Cancel and nothing. Press Save and back to Edit on top of right screen.
Delete Note on bottom of screen. Press that get Delete prompt. Press that and nothing.
No way to get out of screen.
Have to abort and restart 1Password.

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fhatta.

I am sorry that you ran into a bug in 1Password. Thanks for letting us know about it! I will make sure it ends up on our bug list and gets fixed soon.

• pafischer
    pafischer
    Community Member

This is affecting me too.

iPhone 6+, IOS 8.1, 128 GB, 1Password 5.02 on Mac from Agilebits webstore, Dropbox Sync, Latest iPhone version of 1Password from App Store.

• fredjclaus
    fredjclaus
    Community Member

On October 30th my iPad updated the free version of the 1password program. Now when I add a new secure note everything works great. Except when I save the note. The note saves but the square stays on the screen. It's almost like it locks up. The only way to get out of it is to force shut down the app and open it back up.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

AgileBits has already acknowledged this bug: see here.

Stephen

• alascom
    alascom
    Community Member

Mine too, couldn't save, edit or deleat to get back to the main screen. I could see the information behind the input box, but couldn't close it. I closed the application down and upon reopening (password used again) the input page was still there, it hadn't closed down meaning I can't use 1Password.

• IgorTheHuchback
    IgorTheHuchback
    Community Member

Im having the same problem with 1Password on iPhone and iPad. Using latest version of IOS 8 and 1Password. I hope this bug can be squashed soon as the only way to get out of the note is the close 1Password and remove it from IOS multitask and restart 1Password.

• fredjclaus
    fredjclaus
    Community Member

Thanks for that Stephen.

• fredjclaus
    fredjclaus
    Community Member

I created another post because I didn't see this one at first. Mine is the same issue except my iPhone works fine. It's only my iPad having the issue. Could it be something with 8.1? I have it on my iPad but still using 8.02 on my iPhone.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I have merged a couple of threads to keep the discussions in one place.

Stephen

• alascom
    alascom
    Community Member

Further to my last entry, I thought I'd try my iPhone 6 as a new user, but the same happened to that as my iPad.

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member

Hi all -- a quick notification that might affect priority -- at least in my case, the dialog on an iPad cannot be dismissed, which effectively locks the app. Close the app (swipe away) and re-open and things are back to normal.

• alascom
    alascom
    Community Member

Hi Tom,
    I have just tried that and I'm afraid to say that the 'dialogue box' is still there. The box is sort of 'live' in that I can hit delete and it asks me to confirm delete, but when I do confirm nothing happens, the dialog box remains and everything behind is greyed out.

• Hi folks,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We're working on getting this bug squished.

• juanagalvan
    juanagalvan
    Community Member

I created a secure note and saved it. Now it is just displaying the secure note. The only option is to edit the note. I can't get back to the categories page.

• juanagalvan
    juanagalvan
    Community Member

I created a secure note and saved it. Now it is just displaying the secure note. The only option is to edit the note. I can't get back to the categories page.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This is a known bug which will be fixed.

Stephen

• alascom
    alascom
    Community Member

Thank you for looking into this.
    I've noticed that when I come back to 1Password (several hours later) my note input screen has disappeared and the note has been entered, yet when I try to enter my next note, it freezes again.
    This happens on both my iPad and iPhone 6.
    I hope this helps.

• Thanks for the continued feedback.

• D1rk75
    D1rk75
    Community Member

When I create a secret note on my iPhone (or my iPad), the screen from the note does not close after pressing Save. I've made a screencast of the problem

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This is a known bug and AgileBits is working on a fix.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@D1rk75, I merged your message into this discussion about the issue (the one Stephen provided a link to). Please take a look through the other messages here for more information. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, we're sorry for the inconvenience!

ref: OPI-1898

• BillyGoat57
    BillyGoat57
    Community Member

When creating a new Secure Note for 1Password in IOs, I can create the note, then 1password locks up and isrequired to be closed and accessed again. The note is being saved and can then be accessed as normal.

• Hi @BillyGoat57‌

I've merged your thread with another on the same issue. Please see above. Thanks!

• gsimard
    gsimard
    Community Member

Just came across this problem too. Happy to see it has already been reported.

• TechGuys
    TechGuys
    Community Member

We're having this issue as well. We rely on this app for both our bizz and clients. We need an update as to when this issue will be fixed. For the most part, the app is unusable in its current state. Please...offer an update. Thanks

• Hi guys,

@TechGuys, it will be fixed very soon. I don't have a specific timeframe but we're aware of how big this is.

This discussion has been closed.