Visual glitch: logo rendered incorrectly when on external display [Bug fixed, release 5.1]

Zamber
Zamber
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Noticed it today. Version 5.0.2 (502007).

I usually have 1password open all the time and I switch displays quite often (I have a Thunderbolt display at work).

When I moved the 1password window to the retina display the logo was displayed correctly, then when I moved it back to the Thunderbolt it downgraded to 1x properly.

I think that 1password did not detect that it was on a 1x display after I connected it (the window comes back to the non-retina display automatically when I connect).

Comments

• Hi @Zamber,

, then when I moved it back to the Thunderbolt it downgraded to 1x properly.

You mean, it didn't downgrade properly, right?

Can you provide a screenshot of this issue? If it happens while 1Password is unlocked, try using the demo vault instead to hide your data. You can create the demo vault via the 1Password Menu > Create Demo Vault.

Thanks!

• Zamber
    Zamber
    Community Member

Successfully recreated it by taking out and plugging in the Thunderbolt connector while on the external display. My Mac locks itself then, not sure if it's by default or because I have a hot corner for locking.

The first one is done with Mac window screenshot capturing (cmd+shift+4, space, select window). The second one is an area grab.
    I hope the EXIF data is preserved. Mac OS thinks that the first screenshot is 2x.

• Hi @Zamber,

Just to be clear, you're saying it downgraded to 1x graphic properly on TB display but when it was dragged back to retina screen because you disconnected the monitor, it retained the 1x graphic, right?

• Zamber
    Zamber
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Tested it again.

Let's go step by step then:

1. Have 1p on TB.
    2. Disconnect TB.
    3. Lock screen (with a screensaver).
    4. Reconnect TB.
    5. Windows are restored to TB and 1p is locked.
    6. Unlock vault.
    7. The glitch is visible now.
    8. Drag the window from TB to Retina.
    9. looks fine on Retina and also when dragged back to TB.

So, AFAIK, the 2x logo is retained when 1p is restored on the TB display. I would imagine your dev team has equipment to reproduce this issue. The image is displayed properly when the windows are restored without the screen locked.

Here's my screensaver hot corner setup:

If it's of any relevance, I'm using the Soundstream 1.5 screensaver.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zamber,

Thanks so much for the detailed report, that's awesome! I've passed those steps along to our developers, we'll do what we can to get this sorted out for you.

ref: OPM-2586

• Zamber
    Zamber
    Community Member

Hi @Megan, @MikeT,

Thanks a lot :).

PS
    Apple released new firmware for the Thunderbolt display (1.2) and a new OS X Update Seed 10.10.1 (14B23). The updates didn't fix this issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zamber,

Thanks for the update! I'll pass those details along.

• Zamber
    Zamber
    Community Member

I just got the Beta and saw it on the change list.

Tested - works perfectly :).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zamber,

Thanks so much for testing! I'm so glad to hear that this was properly sorted out. :)

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.