After entering license key, reverts to old backup of passwords

Options

I had more than 20 passwords stored, but then I enter the newly purchased license key, I get only 5-6 passwords. I have setup to use Dropbox on Windows to sync with iPhone, but have only been testing with PC right now. What am I doing wrong? The backups it has created automatically say 25-30 passwords are saved. When I restore from backup should I "Replace Current" or "Restore to New"?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the confusion, Greg. A few questions to get us started:

You had 20 or more "passwords" stored, you registered 1Password using a newly purchased license key, and immediately your 1Password vault contained only 5 or 6. Is that correct?

I assume you mean Login items (a username, a password, and the URL where they're used). Is that correct?

Were there any other item types?

Were the 5 or 6 items part of the 20 or so that you expected to see?

Is there anything typed in the search field?

How did backups come into the picture?

• Greg Paul
    Greg Paul
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it appears that after purchasing a license key it only showed 5 or 6 afterwards. Yes I mean logins. There were no other item types, though in my original setup I had included identities. Also my backups all say 28 or 30 items: For example, "1Password 2014-11-10 093307 (30 items).agile_keychain_zip". But every time I try to restore from one of these backups, it still only shows 5 or 6 items when complete. When I go back to the first backup with about 20 items in it, the restore works, later ones, it doesn't show the 25-30 logins in it.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Greg Paul‌ Can you send us a Diagnostics Report, please?

Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File...

Please send your DR to: support+windows AT agilebits DOT com

Please include a link to this discussion so that we can "connect the dots". Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.